Looks like 3080Ti has just been announced

So did anyone snag one?

By the way it seems nvidia’s site has lost its marbles, either that or nvidia is scalping its own cards and selling them for 62,000 :rofl:

Just.got a mail from a local pc hardware store, a 3080Ti is the same price as my inno3D 3090 Frostbite was a few months ago :rofl:

6 Likes

bah. waiting list for evga ftw3 3080ti, 1225 euros before tax, and there’s probably an import fee because of shipping from taiwan… so looking at over 1500 euros for it, tough sell. my 3080 was 720 euros, so this is double the cost for +15% performance. the force is out of balance

1 Like

But - you got an email! You are a winner! xD

3 Likes

I saw this morning limited stock at microcenter that’s near me. Which means they had maybe 1 in stock…

Microcenter did have 5 in stock pre builts that had 3080 gpu for 2,049. Actually not horrible deal but they didn’t last either

1 Like

In Italy Nvidia has put ZERO 3080 ti FE in the nVIDIA store

IF SOMEONE VERY RICH WOULD LIKE TO HELP ME BUYING A GRAPHIC CARD FOR ME IN US, SENDING IT TO MY ADDRESS IN ITALY… he will have his money back and a friend in the world

I can’t believe i never tried my Pimax 8K X and kat walk mini, i have all the pieces of a new pc thought for VR but i cannot find a graphic card

I am near to throw away everything out of the window

2 Likes

Man I feel for you my friend. That just sucks ! Hang in there brother. Unfortunately I have 3 kids in university so I’m far from rich

2 Likes

I also feel for you.

Unfortunately, I’m in no position even to buy one for myself. This year has brought 1000s of $$$s of unplanned expenses to my family this year. (Home repairs, surgery, etc.) We are doing OK, but we don’t have the budget for luxuries. Hopefully I can upgrade my 2080 next year.

4 Likes

I have called Drako and now i have position 2 for Asus 3080TI TUF OC at euro 1899,00
Drako is an extreme modding pc shop in italy
i am not a naive person, i cannot believe that from yesterday at 15 PM they had only one reservation that is before me.

2 Likes

3080Ti in this situation is like that really pretty girl that nobody asks out because they assume she’s taken.

1 Like

I tried 7k video content with the g2 and the vram usage was way over 17gb , so for those of you guys who wants some nsf stuff I suggest the 3090 xD

You don’t need to be smart. You won’t get one anyhow. Unless of course you’d go to resellers and consider buying it at the two- or three-fold of its MSRP.

I am glad I decided to go through the pain of dishing out the big money for the 2080Ti at the time which means that while I would really love to have the bump in performance by upgrading to the 3080Ti, I am by no means in a desperate situation. It just seems that we all have to accept that there is a kind of a hardware freeze on the GPU for the coming 1-2 years and only then you need to consider upgrading again.

Given the lack of new releases on the software side it is actually not as bad as some of us may feel in a knee-jerk reaction way of our emotions responding to this shock… this is about a bit of visual fidelity, it is not the end of the world to live another year with a 1080 or better.

@Fabrizio: your case is different, unfortunately, for you I truly feel sorry because you wanted to wait until you had all of the perfect ingredients lined up before you even get started - and now what you got is the perfect storm brewing instead…

1 Like

Just came back from the shop, and purchased my Zotac RTX 3080TI AMP Holoblack. Apparently this one is factory overclocked from Zotack to 1710 mhz boost

Seems to be neck and neck and surpasses the 3090 in many test.
Review: Zotac GeForce RTX 3080 Ti AMP HoloBlack Review | TechPowerUp

3 Likes

I like many I had hoped that the 3080ti would be priced at $999, seemed more appropriate compared to the 3080. However, demand is high and supply is low. If you think about it sort of from the perspective of trading stocks or something, or even the current housing market in the US, then you would be able to unload your existing GPU for likely a somewhat proportional inflated value.

I was able to get a 3080 for my flat gaming rig last fall. I did the notify on EVGA’s page and paid $769 for the 3080.

I ended up selling the 2080ti that it replaced for $750. So I got upgraded performance for little to no cost. If I had held on to the 2080ti longer I may have been able to get upgraded performance and turn a profit.

In my VR rig, I currently have a 2080ti as well, I am an EVGA elite member and was able to get in relatively early in the queue. I feel pretty good about my chances to land a 3080ti at non-scalper prices. Presently on eBay 2080ti are selling around $1300 to $1400 USD. Granted there are fees and such to deal with. I’ll probably try to sell local for $1200 just to move it, which means I may upgrade from a 2080ti to 3080ti for little to no cost.

The value here is being able to source a card.

The only real burn here is someone who currently doesn’t have a GPU and looking to get into the PC gaming sphere. For them the 3080ti is a horrible value proposition and a 3080 is far more sane if you can get one at non-scalper prices.

1 Like

Is there any significant gain in performance going from 2080Ti to 3080 ? It seems to have one GB more memory, that’s decent, but otherwise I would expect tit to be a wash, no ?

For Pimax 8KX owners it of course opens the door to 90 Hz, and in general it will be easier to resell in 2-3 years, so that’s an advantage in any case.

Ordered a complete new PC, Ryzen 5800X bundled with a Gainward 3080TI today :nerd_face:. NOK 30000, - ( USD 3700). No idea how this card performs though, a bit of a gamble. Hopefully I will recoup a fair amount selling my old 2080TI system :slight_smile:

Lol you must have the luck of the Gods! I’ve been on the EVGA notify for a 3080 since September 17th of last year with no sign of anything. Took me 3 hours to get through the insane website issues yesterday before I could get in the que for a 3080ti - and at that point the cheapest model available was the $1400 one. I have a 20% off elite member coupon that is supposed to be good for the next 90 days I believe. I will only actually buy the 3080ti if by some miracle my que time comes up by then. Otherwise I’ll just keep waiting on the original 3080 que. I have very little hope of actually being able to order either one of them anytime soon.

Someone once told me luck is when preparation meets opportunity. I kind of liked it when I heard it.

On the 3080, it was launch day and I like everyone else was just trying to buy one. I did the notify me button and only on the one GPU I wanted thinking that it would give me a direct link and would help with checking out quicker. I had been fighting trying to get a PS5 and XsX from online retailers around the same time. Turns out, EVGA developed the queue system and I ended up going back and adding other notifications. If I had known then that the “notify me” button ended up being what it become I would have done “notify me” on all 3080 skus.

I just checked my notification page. I did two notifications on 9/17. One at 8:48am for the XC3 Ultra card that I ended up getting on 11/18 (so it was two months and not one month). I did another notification on 9/17 but at 10:45AM for the XC3 (non-ultra) card and it never came. I’m guessing they just stopped making that SKU to focus on the more pricy variants.

For the 3080ti yesterday. Was there at launch, site crashed. I went on working on my day job. Just kept refreshing the page on my 2nd monitor. When the site started to load for about an hour and 45 minutes later I got through on the notify me. I did every sku and will likely buy the first available to me. I’m hoping for the FTW, XC3 Ultra Hybrid, or FTW Hybrid. I don’t want the FTW Hydro Copper as I’m not water cooled but I guess it’d be a good time to jump in if that’s what I land on.

1 Like

Yep, that’s the one that I’m still waiting on. Did my notification at 8:55AM. I suspect you are right in that they cut way back on making it. It still shows up in the EVGA product page so I assume it is still being made but it obviously is not on their priority list. I’ll just have to keep limping along on my 1080ti until I can snag something at a reasonable cost.

By the way, I still miss you guys from your podcast!