Looks like 3080Ti has just been announced

Hello Fabrizio,

Congrats man! This system is monster! Looking forward to hear something from you after running the 8KX with this system.

2 Likes

is that triple OLEDs?

1 Like

Lg OLED c1 48" ā€¦

2 Likes

Thatā€™s amazing. I just got a cx 48 for my computer monitor, I thought thatā€™s what it is. Do you have a video of it in action? That must be amazing

3 Likes

I recently received my Gainward 3080 TI Phoenix. 90Hz does not work for me atm, black screens. Hope you have more luck than meā€¦

3 Likes

Very few Nvidia users will have much luck with 90hz until pimax releases the next 8kX firmware that is still in Testing. It seems Amd 6000 gpu users atm are the ones with a boon for the moment.

3 Likes

Hopefully with next firmware we will see an upgrade in tech specs

Because here @PimaxQuorra

Pimax Vision 8K X - Pimax

itā€™s still 75 Hz native and 90 Hz upscaled

2 Likes

75hz and 90hz native, 114hz upscaled

1 Like

Completely normal. Why should promote 90Hz natively when it is known that it is only an experimental mode?

1 Like

Because it has been released for months now. Just doesnā€™t work well on Nvidia yet.

@Heliosurge Still has nothing to do with the specs in the shop.

Good thing as they have had a habbit of advertising things long before it works.

Ie 120hz upscale mode in the 8kX which ended up not being released for months after the 8kX was released and never ended up working at all being downgraded to 114hz.

So yes there learning save they advertised 90hz native awhile back with a pitool & firmware update that still not working properly save on Amd gpus(which was not advertised as working as required an rtx 3000 gpu). At least on official non test firmware that rolled out 90hz native being said to work.

2 Likes

It was just said that it could work for one or another. Nothing was promised.

1 Like

Maybe we read different updates. Only it was said required nvidia Rtx 3000 series, maybe able to get 90hz working on rtx 2000 series.

The firmware for 90hz on rtx 3000 cards seema not have had enough testing prior to launch so a public test beta could be said. And that it might work on rtx 2000 series.

Good news untested but works on the Red camp since launch. Green team is waiting on the new alpha firmware to be finished testing and released. Those whom have it have confirmed it does work as advertised vs the previous advertised released firmwares that are not working.

Okay says beta firmware.

Can I make this my desktop background? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@Heliosurge yes, I was just referring to Fabrizioā€™s statement that they still havenā€™t entered 90Hz nativ in the shop

1 Like

Missed that observation. My apologies. Yes they shouldnā€™t prematurely update specs on something that currently is not working.

Far too many and rightly so were pissed receiving the 8kX with the 120hz upscaled as advertised for months not being there. With only 90hz upscaled available.

Then never materializing. Being replaced with only 114hz.

2 Likes

I know this is dumb question but I have 6800xt. What pitool allows 90hz on 8kx?

Iirc 268 - 271 with the m298 beta firmware from April.

There is an Amd at 90hz topic with folks whom can provide more details.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/6900xt-8kx-90hz-native-4k-working/35759?u=heliosurge

3 Likes

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-7AjMZAUcFR3PlMlAQ8GIyc0RatTcc1O/view?usp=drivesdk

3 Likes