Looks like 3080Ti has just been announced

…and you won’t even get it for that price but only for $2,5k+ CAD…

2 Likes

I don’t think so, 3080 are selling for 56000 twd which is 1850usd in taiwan. and the MSRP prices online were never in stock.

A friend in taiwan wanted to start mining, he had 2 problems, 1) couldn’t find GPU 2) ridiculously priced.

actually some stores have//had them for 22,000 and up, and the 3090 for about 47,000 and up. At least in Kaohsiung.

Note: All computer components are going up in price since about one month and half. I just purchased my Acer ConceptD 9 pro last week for 170,000NT, but 2 months ago it I could have purchased it for 157,000NT.

The 56,000nt 3080 you are referring is probably one specific model. The prices among variants wildly vary

1 Like

Sure why not if there are cheap 3080’s in taiwan lol i might be interested in a few. :laughing:

1 Like

Yeah, but expect the cheap ones with poor cooling fans and and not as overclockable. I am going to wait and see what are the prices of the 3080ti when they start hitting the stores here. If they aren’t too far apart from the 3090, then Ill get a 3090 instead.

I find it almost no benefit oc the 3080, increase the power usage significantly for 2% performance gain.

Am I right that the 8k X doesnt run smooth ( holding 90 hz stable ) in hl alyx with large fov on a rtx 3090 ?
I am thinking getting the 8k X ( or the start vr one still dont know ) if the vive pro 2 will be crap , but whats the point if you cant maintain 90fps . Are there any settings you guys recommend turning off ( like fog etc… ) ?

I don’t trust AMD with cutting edge tech, better late than never I guess.

1 Like

I haven’t seen any CAD listings yet, I may try just for fun to see If i can get one (if by sume stroke of luck I do, then good by YawVR money)

lol, kind of hope I don’t get lucky then…i’d rather have the Yaw :upside_down_face:

What’s crazy is I thought this GPU Shortage was just affecting the newer cards.

Then I looked at my local computer chains and even 1050Ti’s are selling for what 1070’s should be. or are not in stock at all. :crazy_face:

Insanity.

1 Like

Well, chip shortage meets crazy demand due to pandemic focus on being entertained at home.

Voila, there’s your perfect storm.

4 Likes

I bought my 3090 for €2400,- and I was lucky on other websites it was already priced €2800,- but it wasn’t in stock only had to wait for it 3 weeks so that was way less time I thought it would take

1 Like

Yeah, a while back, I discovered that they were selling 970s and even a 780, for more than those cards cost, back when they were released.

Actually, it’s just as bad online:

Buy 04G-P4-3973-KR - EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 DVI-I/ HDMI/ 3x DisplayPort PCI Express 3.0 x16 Video Graphics Card with fast shipping across U.S from harddiskdirect.com

Buy industry-leading GTX780 - Nvidia Geforce GTX 780 3GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 Gpu Video Graphics Card yielding promising results

This person got to test it early. Unsure what the 3090 result was, since they didn’t have one, but it looks like it scores in the 80’s vs 70’s in OpenVR Benchmark per a reddit comment, however, looks like that 80’s result is 144hz but only at 100% supersampling…could be different results for higher-res headsets.

2 Likes

3080 TI seems from reviews to be 7% to 9% faster than a 3080 at its ridiculous price tag of $1200. In my not so humble opinion, the smart should not buy this card.

Pimax should really get in touch with AMD and see about optimizing 8K-x for the 6000 series GPUs, since those have at least a snowball’s chance in hell of being purchased from the manufacturer at their MSRP.

1 Like

i got my 3080 at msrp, if i can snag a 3080ti at msrp i’ll just sell my 3080 for the ti msrp and bam free 10% upgrade

3 Likes

I think I will keep 3080 as it is still producing 200usd a month of mining income while I’m not gaming. :thinking:

No problem running Alyx @90fps. It’s the one game you should not worry about frame rate problem if you 3090.

yup I went soft while watching this.

mine is an FE and due to the cooking vram only hitting 50-60mh/s :frowning: