Let's Talk About The Yaw VR 2 Motion Simulator Kickstarter - Just 24 Hours Left Until Launch!

I’ve got cheap DP to HDMI adapters that haven’t given me any problems.

I’m hoping/wondering if this is even referring to allow for a connection in the ‘top half’? It would be pointless to have the hubs for power/usb if it didn’t solve the cables wrapping the base, but the HMD cable is a lot more signals/connections to put in a slip ring. I know rotovr has ‘cassettes’ that do this, but YAW doesn’t specifically say this.

2 Likes

The question is are You using them at the edge of the specs like the 8KX is?

I sure do hope so… :rofl:

It is a ‘downgrade’ conversion so the bandwidth isn’t being pushed to the limit.

They don’t go into specifics, and would need to have this built in beforehand, so a ‘later option’ isn’t a guarantee. With a 360 degree rotating platform one would hope though. Of course if all this was true, it would be useless for Pimax users if they stick with an HDMI 2 port. :laughing:

1 Like

I’m in Crazy early bird Pro. For yaw movement I’ll wait for the gravity platform that will include yaw too

1 Like

I was thinking the ‘g platform’ was the YAW base. The wording in the KS hint at it being a future option, but I don’t see any information on it. Link?

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve regretted turning down the first kickstarter at below $1K US and when everybody was reviewing them last year I looked at retail and $1500 for a base model plus $300 shipping to :canada: I was impossible to justify.

Especially since that bowl doesnt look comfortable. And the version with the back rest cost like $500 more.

I just hopped on this Yaw2 at the $1090. Because I know it will NEVER be that price again.

I wish I would have not skipped past @vrgamerdude 's video I would have saved a few hundred bucks.l, but even at 1090 its 50% less than even the yaw1.

Things I like about this…
BYOC - I have a nice chair im using now and I can continue using it.

Im not convinced the full 360 spin is worthwhile. And am glad its optional. Even at 2dof the closes competition woukd be the DOF Reality but this seems far better with its desk addon and stuff.

Plus I can always buy the spinny part if I want to later.

I also like the fact that when you arent using the seat for being tossed around. You can also still use the seat as a regular gaming chair.

3 Likes

yes, you can reserve the yaw base now, and when the KS ends they will ask if we want to upgrade to g-platform

2 Likes

1 Like

Yes, but what is the ‘g-platform’?

EDIT: I found their answer after a few backers asking the same question:

"Gravity platform is completely different, it is for HEAVE movement (up and down) that is perfect for all kind of simulations."
I was thinking this was the only dof ‘missing’(compared to a 6DOF system). I’m wondering if this increases the base size, as lifting the pivot point would increase the off-center weight.

Also, I find it odd that they are making a ‘YAW-less’ YAW2. :laughing: The infinite yaw is what separated them from their competition.

1 Like

Greetings, petty mortals.

Yaw 2 backer no.26 speaking to you (you don’t have to kneel… just don’t look me straight in the eyes; it might blind you).

This is my pledge:

CRAZY EARLY BIRD YAW2 $790.00

• EARLY BIRD Yaw2 Seat with…
    1 x $75.00 each $75.00

• EARLY BIRD Yaw Platform for…
    1 x $280.00 each $280.00

• Yaw2 Seat with Led Lights
    1 x $100.00 each $100.00

• YAW2 PRO UPGRADE
    1 x $400.00 each $400.00

• Yaw Platform PRO UPGRADE
    1 x $150.00 each $150.00

• Built-in Casters for Mobility
    1 x $80.00 each $80.00

Shipping to Germany $310.00

As you can see, I accidentally purchased the seat twice, one early bird and one err… late bird ? Worm ?
However, if I had taken the time to sort it out and try to read the AddOns carefully, or even spent time to read the description sentence below them, I would surely have missed out on the crazy early bird pricing. So I just clicked my way through the AddOns as they seemed to make sense with 1 second to think about each of them and then proceeded to the confirmation screen.

I will sort the details out with YawVR in the coming weeks, they already responded to a number of backers in the comments section of the Kickstarter page that due to the AddOns being slightly confusing they will work with us individually if we have any questions and want any changes.

As an original FeelThree patr(e)on and backer, it hurts a bit to be dishing out this kind of money where I should already have a cool wide-range motion rig at home, but well, it is what it is, and if that one is ever delivered, it will be cool to compare them and then probably sell one of them off (or squeeze some space out here in my attic and fit them both, the Yaw 2 for racing and the FeelThree for Flight sims… :crazy_face:).

By the way, YawVR have kindly noted that FeelThree backers get 200$ off their Yaw 2 Platform Pro Upgrade (so I’ll get that for 200$ instead of 400$). That is a really touching gesture, I have to admit. Of course there are not many of us, but nobody would even have probably thought about asking the YawVR team to do anything of that kind, I was really surprised when I read that this morning, long after having pledged. I will see to spend the money on something they have on offer as extra’s, so that they at least benefit a bit from their generosity.

If this one works out, it should be quite a good deal for me. Just like the 8KX pledge at the end turned out to be, although it took quite long and the controllers are still not ready yet.

5 Likes

#34 here… :sunglasses:

The casters are included in the pro package… :wink:

3 Likes

Well, brothers in crime I guess… already saw your comments over there. Along with some other Pimax backers :smile:

By the way, where did you see that the casters are included in the Pro upgrade ?

1 Like

Jup… :sunglasses:

Noticed @bubbleball and @Virtualmisterl too… :grin:

It says so if You go to change Your pledge, press the green button with the price to advance to add-ons.

You can change them there, just don’t change Your initial pledge! :grin:

EDIT: They have an update out (including a video) explaining how to change add-ons:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/346206518/yaw2-motion-simulator-and-smart-chair/posts/3169610

3 Likes

I backed the Feel Three simulator - I tried it out and it was mind blowing.

I’m still hopeful it will be completed because I want to put a stripper pole on it and velcro myself to the pole.

4 Likes

I really really hope Mark can complete his project, primarily of course in order to get this likely great rig, but also in part because I sense that it will be a vital part of his life, and he would be devastated if it ends in shambles. It is a pity that his communication skills leave some room for improvement and that of course increases the dissatisfaction, and breeds anger, which can be seen on the KS page.

He actually would go for lengthy periods without communication already during the Patreon phase, which could be a bit irritating. I guess every time he has no good news, no successful milestones to report, he feels bad and goes into procrastination/avoidance mode.

Well, let us hope that we will one fine day get this rig too, but for the time being I‘ll be hopefully enjoying the Yaw 2. And if they manage to add heave, it would be something F3 wouldn’t be offering, and I imagine it would be quite costly to add it, due to the size & weight of the F3 rig.

2 Likes

Odysseus-and-the-sirens simulator 3000.

1 Like

I’ve been following that one for so many years and I just don’t see it coming across the finish line any time soon… Also it seems very large and is most likely suited better for LBE’s… I would love to be wrong here because originally this was the simulator that I dreamed about, but I think the Yaw team has pretty much nailed it with the Yaw 2 and it will be the consumer facing rig to beat for quite a while!

2 Likes

I couldn’t hold off on going to work long enough: that 20 minutes cost me $300! Bummer!
But this is free, right? They say that they don’t charge the card until June so it didn’t cost me a penny, right? Right? :crazy_face:

$2100 later…

I invested in the H3 from DOFReality a couple years ago and I find it almost unusable due to the slop. They use a U-Joint as the center pivot and U-Joints just have way too much play to make this a good idea. Can’t drive longer than about 5 minutes without wanting to hurl even with my ginger! Flying isn’t so bad but driving… yeesh.
Here’s hoping for a better result from the Yaw2!
(if not, I’m blaming the VRGamerDude! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )

5 Likes

Uh-oh, I had been looking at the H3 too as an alternative, proven technology less risky etc…
But I also saw the Sim Racing Garage review, which did mention that due to the play it lacked the kind of refined control to a degree that he felt that it was sometimes hard for him to get a proper feel for the car.

And the killer for me actually was a video on a flight sim with the H3: it simply didn’t seem capable of delivering any truly significant amount of roll, and I feel that that would really make it a poor fit. Most of the motion rigs out there are tailored to give you a great racing sim experience, hardly bother to look at flight sim use cases. The NextLevelRacing V3 would probably have had more roll range, and actually, compared to the Yaw 2, may have some advantage as to where the center point of the movement is (below the seat as opposed to approx. in your stomach in the Yaw 2); that could translate to a greater roll sensation in the V3 than in the Yaw 2.
But okay, the Yaw 2 just looks so cool, so I just went for it. If I don’t fancy it after all, I guess I could sell it off without too much of a loss.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure we can sell it for a profit if we decide to get rid of it, provided they don’t screw up of course… :wink:

I’m not planning to though as I don’t see any other racing/flight combo sim alternative anywhere near that price/performance ratio (provided they deliver something as good as they make it seem of course)… :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes