Let's talk about 'Pimax Day' here

Upgrade pathway to a new HMD from old… hmm… Im listening

1 Like

I have to say, based on what they shared so far, color me impressed.

2 Likes

4 Likes

They slammed new panels in the HMD. I’m not really impressed

3 Likes

I think the RE edition is lot more premium looking. Wished they just made all of them RE.

5 Likes

Just to note those head straps and all the padding are prototypes, Handout by the looks of it…

Third week of October will come.
Get discount and keep existing headset.

10 Likes

Use the coupon, get a discount, AND keep current headset… hmm

3 Likes

It’s not a trade in, you keep original HMD…

1 Like

Dont tell them that.

3 Likes

sound interesting , hope the wireless is still coming

Base Stations. Valve makes them. Shipping in 3-4 weeks.
$149.95, $299 for pair.

12 Likes

We all know what 3-4 weeks mean here. Doesn’t look good

5 Likes

They think Sword controllers will ship in March 2020.
Since controllers are taking a long time, they are offering people to get Index controllers instead. Just pay the price difference. Will get it within 6 weeks.
People in Youtube Chat seem to be satisfied with this offer.

Another option … if you already paid $150 for sword controllers, you can apply $150 and Pimax will add another $50 and use that to buy an 8KX ($200 in total off 8KX price). Good for people who already bought Index controllers.
People in Youtube Chat seem to like this offer even more.

Retail price: Sword $229, Sword Sense $269 (comes 2-3 months after) (not sure if I got those prices right)

12 Likes

Shipping from Florida… wonder about customs duty and import taxes… :confused:

5 Likes

Almost getting the impression they are buying the things one by one from the Steam store, and at full consumer price, rather than having any business deal… :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Honestly, I feel they should just stop the whole controller project and ship index controllers. They’re pretty good. Plus, Pimax just isn’t big enough to get good software support from developers for their controllers and I’m pretty sure they’ll never get to make controllers that are even better than the Index controllers.

I feel it’s just a waste of resources, money and time to keep working on those Sword controllers.

12 Likes

Did they do a dry run for this? Seems like this is the first time they are trying to talk about it… bit of rehearsal would have helped. Kevin doesn’t seem to have a lot of screen time under his belt.

It’s quite cringe-worthy…

2 Likes

They’re doing fine imo

5 Likes

Pimax Modular Audio Strap

They say audio is quite amazing. SweViver says it is super comfortable. Balance is great.

13 Likes