Leap Motion Gemini 5.2.0 drivers

Hi all, I see that Leap Motion 5.2.0 driver has come out of Beta today, is there a roadmap for when we can see these built into the PiTools?

Thanks
John

6 Likes

Added links to it below. I dont think Pimax has to do anything as the leapmotion is a standard leap motion device plugged into a usb-c. Simply installing the driver you will reap the benefits listed such as

• improved two-handed interactions
  • initialization speed
  • The robustness of its hand-tracking.

Download Ultraleap’s Hand Tracking Software — Ultraleap for Developers (leapmotion.com)

Ultraleap Releases Gemini Hand-tracking Update, VR Interface Demo (roadtovr.com)

2 Likes

They should probably point to this newer release when initially downloading the Leap Motion software in PiTool first time the ET module is detected?

At least that’s how I recall it works?

3 Likes

Installing the software just seems to add a new control panel alongside the existing software. The new directory “Ultraleap” doesn’t appear to house any drivers, so I’m not sure the Pimax software is using the new software.

1 Like

what hapens when you run the new software and that new demo of theirs?

Does Pimax need to use version 5.2 sdk for it to work?

maybe they still use 4 since 5 just literally left beta.

I think its up to the app developer to use hand tracking not necessarily Pimax. For example that Tinkerpilot game targets Leap motion and doesn’t seem to care that its connected through a Pimax or not.

@hammerhead_gal , @PimaxQuorra ?

1 Like

Hello,

We have asked Martin to run tests with Gemini 5.2.0 drivers. Everything is working fine.

You can either use the V4 or the latest 5.2
Please make sure you uninstall the previous version and download the 5.2V.

Regards.

1 Like

Hi @PimaxQuorra The image you have provided is running “Leap Motion” which is version 4, and if you start clean and install just Ultraleap version 5 then your Pimax software doesn’t recognize the hand tracking unit. The gemini software picks it up and the drivers are clearly working but the Pimax software inst using it. The software even tells you to “Download and install Leap Motion”, if I had to hazard a guess I would say you had both versions installed and as a result, everything appears functional but the Pimax software is actually still using the old software (which lives in a wholly different directory).

4 Likes

This link might be what Pimax needs Upgrading to Gemini Migration Guide — Ultraleap for Developers (leapmotion.com)

Hello,

You need to download the Pitool package (Orion), and THEN install Gemini 5.2.0 on top of that.

For the PE, it is still using the V4 SDK (which may not fully optimized), we will upgrade the SDK to fully benefit the Gemini 5.2 improvements.

3 Likes

So to clarify, don’t uninstall the previous version, because Pimax Experience literally won’t work at this time without Orion 4.0 installed. Also, the “Ultraleap Tracking is already installed” will only appear when you try and install 5.2.0 over itself. I have tried repeatedly to invoke this prompt but it happily installs in parallel with “Leap Motion (Orion 4.0)”.

Putting the miscommunication aside, at this time we still need to have 4.0 installed if we want to use PE (which is currently one of the few things we can use)

In the future, PE will be updated to incorporate 5.2.0. So as I asked initially is there any roadmap for this addition?

P.S if I come across rude, my apologies, my comments are not intended that way, I am simply trying to point out what appear to be inaccuracies.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hello,

If you’re using Pimax Experience, the 5.2 might not fully optimized as I have mentioned, as the current SDK is only 4.0V.

Indeed. Martin will be working on this. More information will be released once he confirms that the latest SDK is compatible with PE.

No worries.

Regards

3 Likes

Any update on when Gemini will be supported fully?

Is this still the case now that the PE Pimax Experience is “Indefinitely on hold” for whatever that “combined” new Pimax application will be?

Assuming that the new app requires similiar UI between Android OS, Windows, and possibly Linux… because of that Pimax Station, “Reality series” AIO/“Omni” mode??

Hello,

Our software team is working to update the Gemini SDK on Pitool. But we’re notified that the updated SDK presented bugs with Pitool.
We are working to sort it out.

The latest SDK will definitely incorporates with PE when the new software launches.

3 Likes

When’s that?

2 Likes

Since there has been a newer version of Pitool released, does this include the new drivers, if not is there a roadmap for when these will be added?

1 Like

@PimaxQuorra: Bumping this, does version 275 allow the new 5.2 drivers for hand tracking? I tried to install the 5.2 drivers and but Pitool said I needed the old one. (using 271)

1 Like

whats gemini ? Is it a new fancy finger tracking system ?

It’s what UltraLeap calls their latest sdk, or driver package for the hand tracking unit.

1 Like

Hello,

I’ve checked the Pitool log, the 275 is not supporting the 5.2drivers, but the upcoming 276V is going to add this feature.

You may need to wait for the next version.

4 Likes