Leap Motion Gemini 5.2.0 drivers

Ok, thanks for the response!
Happy New Year!

1 Like

Hi I ahve Pimax 8Kx with 275 PiTool installed HMD 299 Firmware that iRacing work at it should (from time to time it flick ā€¦ I pay a lot to have flicking :frowning: ) ā€¦ today I get Pimax Hand Tracking and I have instal software from your site and it doesnt workā€¦
Now I have install over your software from PimaxSite for tracking hand Leap_Motion_Setup_4.0.0+52173 after this software Ultraleap_Tracking_Installer_5.3.1_win64 (i can not find version 5.2.0 you mentioned)

AND Tracking hand hardware is not detectedā€¦ please what to do This tracking hand and whole Pimax is not chap but nothing works at it shouldā€¦

YOU SHOULD WRITE TO THE PEOPLE ON YOUR SITE WHAT and WHICH you PITOOL works in what combinationā€¦ I didnt pay so much that I will looking then forums because nothing works as it SHOULDā€¦

please for link for older 5.2.0 driversā€¦ all links are for the latest one 5.3.1 and like im reading i need 5.2.0

1 Like

Hi alesk76, until the new Pitool is released you actually need the v4 drivers ( Leap Motion Orion 4.0.0)

thx for your replay ā€¦ Im going imediately to tryā€¦
so what is now step by step the procedure of instal if I have installed Pimax PiTool 275 / HDM Firmware 299 / 6m original Pimax optical cable / and now Pimax Hand tracking device ā€¦

I had installed Leap_Motion_Setup_4.0.0+52173.exe from Pimax site but no luckā€¦ so please step by step how do I have to install and what and where ā€¦ to put some folders ā€¦

a lot of health to all in this timesā€¦

Hi,

I have try it but it doesnt work for meā€¦ please step by step what to do that my Pimax hand tracking will workā€¦

I have Pimax 8K x + installed PiTool 275 / HMD Firmware 299 / 6m Pimax optical cable / all Ein 10 Pro updates I

@PimaxQuorra
please will you be so kind and do step by step manual with links to the drivers and wher to put which directory with drivers that this works for youā€¦ how did you manage to achieve this ā€¦ I get Pimax hand tracking device and no luck to intal this that it would workā€¦ (I have Pimax 8K X with PiTool 275 software / HMD with 299 Firmware + 6, Pimax optical cableā€¦ ) no chance that this workā€¦ I have try with Pimax software from official siteā€¦ also I have instal Ultra Leap 5.3.1. software and with this rivers Hand tracking divice is properly instaled but it doesnt work in PiTool with Pimax thenā€¦ :frowning: ā€¦ i ahve also try Driver Leap_Motion_Developer_Kit_4.0.0+52173.zip but then I do not know where to put LeapSDK mapā€¦ because after install also Pitool doesnt find hand tracking deviceā€¦

a lot of money that Pimax do not workā€¦ sorry ā€¦ they should warn on official site about those problems and which version of software works with which hardware :frowning:

also a few friend order hand tracking device and they are waiting on it nowā€¦ we are all iRacing sim fans :frowning:

![Posnetek zaslona 2022-02-10 151841|690x465](upload://aT0x9Jm9i380FWf4eRSRINoPC3z.png) ![Posnetek zaslona 2022-02-10 151907|689x448](upload://lKDvOLuArjLhZYKy1TcAGgwp04g.png) ![Posnetek zaslona 2022-02-10 153947|671x500](upload://1hUaPbQf2p0N88Yl3tbUtPCXlSg.png) ![Posnetek zaslona 2022-02-10 154134|507x500](upload://b4QWb0BBVWCmXHDX9gngSsdukUt.jpeg)

HI,

any news about Pimax PiTool v276 with Pimax Hand Tracking device supportā€¦ ??

I dint use them not even once ā€¦

best ergars
alesk76

2 Likes

@PimaxQuorra Good day, do you have any estimated timeline when we can expect the next version of the software (one that ideally provides the new drivers for the hand recognition)? thanks John

Hello John,

The Pitool team is doing the final inspection before we manage to publish the version.
Personally, I do expect it to be release by this week.
But I will double confirm it by tomorrow during the meeting with our engineer team regarding the timeline.

5 Likes

@PimaxQuorra

Hello again, just checking back in to see if there has been any progress?

John

1 Like

A Pimax week isnā€™t the same as it is in the normal universe :grinning:

3 Likes

You made me choke on my coffee :sweat_smile:

Iā€™m also waiting for progress on this matter. The tracking is SO much better with the 5.x.x drivers than with the older ones, especially when the hands overlap.

not sure if this is happening now that PE has been discontinued. Although the hand tracking drive should have nothing to do with PE.

I canā€™t remember now, the 5.x drivers work just fine with the tracker what is it we need Pimax to do again?

1 Like

The 5.x drivers donā€™t work with the hand tracker. You have to go back to the old 4.x drivers for now. Pimax said that the next PiTool should support the new and improved drivers, but as Dogite said, time flows differently at Pimax :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Soā€¦ 277 pitool is out. I am confused with the changelog:

1. Fixed the issue where Pitool couldnā€™t identify the latest version of LeapMotion.
  2. Fixed the issue that Tundra Tracker couldnā€™t conduct regular pairing in SteamVR.
  3. Additional bug fixes and optimizations.

Does 1 mean that we now can use the 5.2 leap motion drivers?

3 Likes

One way to find outā€¦have you tried?

Just upgraded to PiTool 277 and the most recent Ultraleap drivers ā€œ5.6.1.0+2022.05.20ā€.

Tracking is working perfectly on the Ultraleap control panel, I see the camera feed and both hands are tracking. Seems much better compared to the 4.x drivers (Orion), especially when the two hands intertwine.

Sadly, it still does not work with the Pimax :confounded:. Any hand tracking demos, even ones that worked flawlessly with the 4.x drivers, simply donā€™t show any hands. PiTool also doesnā€™t say anything about hand tracking, like it did with the 4.x software.

Guess we have to wait even longer. That is the joy of being a Pimax backer and user, you are constantly in a state of waiting. Forever. Until the end of time. Instead of ā€œWaiting for Godotā€, now say ā€œWaiting for Pimaxā€. About the same feeling.

On March 2021 they said theyā€™re doing the ā€œfinal inspectionā€ before publishing a PiTool version that supports the 5.x Ultraleap software. One year and three months later it still does not work.

Cannot believe I bought both hand tracking and eye tracking from Pimax and none of them are even remotely usable. Lesson learned.

4 Likes

Andā€¦ There you go.

Any update on this? I donā€™t even bother using the 4.0 drivers because theyā€™re not usable. I tried the Gemini 5 drivers outside of PiMax and theyā€™re very usable. Iā€™m looking forward to the devs making progress.

Iā€™m sure I didnā€™t waste my money on this expensive but unusable Pimax hand trackerā€¦ I just need to be patient.

2 Likes