Key questions about 8K VR ? List here

There’s many prediction algorithms out there. I do wish steamvr would implement a spacewarp though.

I would also like to know this.

But the pimax hmd does use the new sensors.

there’s another question you forgot to ask. What’s the maximum refresh rate at each resolution? They say 90hz but i don’t think it’s going to be 90hz at 4k. Very improbable. There might be something hidden also here since they never said “at native resolution we’ll have 90hz” naturally without brainwarp or tricks.

In the scenario where you PC can run a game with 60-90 Hz, Pimax VR can increase the frame rate to 90Hz with a technique similar to ATW. In that way, we decrease the requirement of hardware.

Meanwhile, you can turn on the option for the headset to render and display image for the two eyes in a sequence. In that way, we doubled refresh rate and cut the latency in half. You can perceive the experience smoother with largely reduced latency.

1 Like

atw is not varying display refresh rate…
my question is “can the display really have a 90Hz refresh while used at true 4k?”

Pimax 8k refresh rate have a 90Hz

same as HTC vive, around 5m

2 Likes

@PimaxVR Could you please answer to my post?
Also: If I back the 8k X and first receive the normal 8k, I’ll have to return the old and used 8k right?

[quote=“xunshu, post:10, topic:2950, full:true”]@anach we offer an option to customize 5K oled.[/quote]What does that mean exactly? Isn’t your new display technology better than OLED for VR?

people keep asking about oled so we simply put it there to offer another option. we are about to move that to FAQ when launch.

when kickstarter opening?

just a few hours later

If I order the regular 8K, can I pay the extra $200 when the 8K X comes out and upgrade that way or would I have to back the 8K X from the start?

3 Likes

@deletedpimaxrep1
So does the 5K model feature the new CLPL panels or OLED?

1 Like

It looks like they have two options: the CLPL panels, or OLED for $100 more

This might be the wrong forum for this, but has there been any mention of the cord length for the 8k? It will need to be at least as long as the Vive for roomscale to work in the maximum available space. Even Longer might be good for future expansion. I understand that one of the benefits of the 2.0 lighthouses is a larger tracking area.

Moved your question here.

@deletedpimaxrep1 @Matthew.Xu @PimaxVR

The above isva great question. Also another user also asked about if the cords are removable/replaceable.

I asked they said 5 Meters.

1 Like

Awesome did they mention if the cords are detachable for easy replacement should cords get damaged?