Kat Loco DOES WORK now!

First Pitool was not the best. Probably the same for Kat Loco ;). They did say their priority is for backers to receive their product first. They will probably affect some resources on software development after that.

1 Like

Indeed, i have the feeling the latency can be reduced in the software and the integration with steam. Im sure that it will be improved. A wireless mouse for example has almost no noticable latency. At the moment, a lot of different software jas to “talk” to eachother. I wonder how the Vive pucks perform at this task?

I hope something will be done about the 1 sec delay for sideways movements. I have a feeling that the 1 sec delay was added to make sure lateral and backwards movements where not happening when moving forwars and the opposite , because i believe it is hard to not have unwanted movements when using only feet for locomotion in 4 directions. Walkovr managed that problem by using chest for sideways and backwards movements. But that messed even more the experience for me compared to having a 1 sec delay with leg use

2 Likes

Hey.
Yes i hope so, too.
Maybe they could tweak the sensitivity slider for sideways to improve it…

1 Like

I asked them to add some sort of sensitivity bar so that we can set a value of delay before the sideway and backwards movements happen, but they replied that it was not in their plan.

So my hope is that something gets done after they receive more feedback rfom people like us that find the second of delay, not really optimal

2 Likes

Lets hope the KAT community will push it…
Atm i have a pneumonia, so not able to vr or just anything :pensive:

So sorry u are not doing well :frowning:

I wish you a fast recover.

4 Likes

Thank u, Marco. That is nice and kind of you :+1:

2 Likes

FYI - There’s a new KAT Gateway version out - 1.2.1.

Not sure what it does (no changelog),but thought You guys should know :slight_smile:

EDIT: Direct link:
https://download.katvr.com/product/software/KAT_Gateway%20Setup%201.2.1.exe

1 Like

TY, Doc. :face_with_thermometer: how applicable lol

1 Like

Hi, it works well for me, for every game that has free locomotion, even the new walking dead. You need kat getaway on your steam vr dashboard, you can change the buttons configuration, and enable cruise mode, open Kat getaway as administrator, it may take up to 30 seconds to be shown in the dashboard

1 Like

Ahh well, didn’t think of the admin option :slight_smile: And to wait 30 secs.

Thanks, when i’m fit again, i will try.

1 Like

What do you guys that own it, think of the device? I don’t see any reviews or unbiased feedback about it. I own Cybershoes and many reviewers said they were great. After owning them I feel they work good, but only in a certain niche of games really.

1 Like

I have played too short with it to make a coclusion, but it works pretty good on Pavlov.
Only there’s a delay for strafing and backwards.

And, yeah strangely enough no one is reviewing them on yt

1 Like

What i find lacking on cybershoes is strafing

Can you sprint in “walking dead” with katloco. Sorry to ask you. I have katloco but i had to disistall its software for doing tests with another locomotiom system

Have you tested the new version of the software? I breafely installed it but i could not move in any game. I need to reach to their tech support but i am so into working on my own system that I investing my little free time of the day on that

Yes, I can spring or I can walk, but not both at the same time. It could be possible if the spring method were double tap like on Boneworks. I found a “double tap=false” on the settings file, I changed it to true but it doesn’t work, so only spring or only walk for now

Sorry i am not gaming. Going to try Walking Dead soon. I was on the latest version of Gateway, all o know is that it worked in Pavlov. Hope to do some testing when i feel a bit better :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

What do u mean when u say we can’t do both at the same time?