Is there any 8kx 2076 ver user that experiences shimmering/aliasing images only when using 90/75hz mode?

Hello, fellas. I’ve just got my new replacement for my 8kx 2076 DMAS which has the same issue: shimmering/alias images when using 90/75hz modes and 60hz is completely fine. I ensured that this is not the issue of SteamVr since it is the same situation when using Pimax Experience/Home and the UI when using the IPD knob. What can be causing this? I am so lost and confused. Amongst all the firmwares that the tech support sent me, only the beta 2002 firmware from Nov 2022 worked partially as in that it fixes the shimmering issue when using 75hz (90hz still has it) but now it starts flickering…… what am I doing wrong?

In case of confusion, this effect is what I am talking about: Pimax 8K - shimmering alias effect at the edges

EXACTLY the same issue reported 8 months ago… looks like it only happens to the new 8kx. So they don’t release the 120hz firmware which is the whole point of this revised version and also force new users to buy this still broken experiemental product……

The 120hz fw is experimental and was not a feature on it’s release. It would seem the 120hz mode still needs work. You could ask pimax if you could get yhe 120hz fw to test.

Yeah, but I’d be fine with what I have no if the jagged lines are not there

1 Like

Update: these pictures are the best representation of my problem
The 65.4mm one is what shows when I’m using 60h.z, everything is nice and smooth

Then, the 90hz:

You can clearly see that all vertical edges are jagged up. And, since this also shows up on the built-in IPD UI, it’s most likely not a software issue.

In addition, I’ve seen people with similar issues from various posts months ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/Pimax/comments/u4qpip/differences_in_new_pimax_8k_x/

It’s really frustrating that this issue is ignored for so long and only the flickering 60hz mode works properly. And they don’t even let us buy the older 2075 ver where the problem doesn’t exist :frowning:

No answers in this post, sorry – just a silly reaction account:

Heh, had I only seen those still images, without context (which I did, at first), I would just have been concluding the first one being blurry due to lens unalignment, and the second one perfectly in focus (so that the SDE shows up)… :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.