Is the eye tracking for foveated rendering?

I speak for myself, i do not want Foveated Rendering. I will tell you why.
Its because when i play a FPS game and i see on me screen (in the left upper corner) a moving pixel, i’m alert and ready to make a hit (when i’m lucky). With Foveated rendering i can not see whats is going on at a far distance on my screen right below. That could be the same in flightsims. That would kill me.
In RPG it could be very nice, but than you don’t need a 90Hz screen for that and is foveated rendering not necessary. (Just my thoughts.)
My english is not very well, but i hope you understand what i mean.

1 Like

i understand , and its cool. you wont have to use it.

@Yulius What they should answer you to your imagination?

If thats true, i hope everybody else does like FR. If i could switch FR off, i would be happy.

After all, in the worst case scenario, you just might have to remove eye tracking from HMD. However, I think we won’t see FR for a long time :frowning:.

“What they should answer [me] to [my] imagination?”
What are you trying to say here?

Its a modul & as such can be used or not used. As for how its going to be used? We will have to wait & see As PiMax has said they are under an agreement (nda) not to reveal details til its ready.

1 Like

You made me happy. Thx.

1 Like

Now we are talking about module for pimax and not vive

I don’t understand what here is not clear? q2 2018 is confirmed, Eye tracking is confirmed and risk level is low.
To me everithing is clear here and no need for further debate about it.
Maybi this risk level is confusing you. This is low level to not reach Q2 not to reach Eye tracking in general. Eye tracking is not questionable at all. Technology is already developed only question is who will be chosen in the end nothing else.

1 Like

Yes and this one is one of the candidate to be modul for pimax as well. You was put question for eye tracking and its existing.
Pimax also say that modules will be produced by third part cooperator not the Pimax its self. Pimax what to focus its effort on VR model not to waist time on modules but it is open for modules.

1 Like

if aglass is chosen, then they will stick their existing ic in a pimax frame shell pretty similar looking to the prescription glasses module. just like they stuck the same ic in their vive and oculus products. thats how this works.

1 Like

For competitive fps games I’m sure they could render players at a higher res so you could still see, although to be honest I don’t think foveated rendering makes much of a difference for stuff like that. I mean it’s pretty much replicating how your eyes focus on things.

There was lot of info and videos explaining what is fovated rendering is and what that means for games performance.
I suggest you firs take some basic information’s about some theme before you start claiming completely opposite and wrong information.

Googl is your best friend m8.

1 Like

LOL. In EVERY thread…

1 Like

In Shanghai it’s now a quarter past five in the morning.

1 Like

Have a look…

Eye-Tracking Is Both Incredibly Important And Very Risky

2 Likes

“LOL. In EVERY thread…”
LOL… No… not in every thread are they completely quiet…

When you play on your screen, whole screen is in your vision “sweet spot”. With Pimax, we are talking about 200 FOV. So, if edges would be rendered in lower resolution, you won’t be able to even understand it, because you do not see some level of detail with your peripheral vision as you see in the sweet spot. Foveated rendering is most natural thing to do, especially with huge FOV.

3 Likes