Inexpensive Speaker Replacement for the 8KX

I installed my DAS on my 8KX because I like the feel of it - maybe I was used to it with my 5k Plus. I also have a couple of friends to the same thing vs the SMAS. It fits like a glove to me on my 8KX and it is more stable (doesn’t) wobble as much. It also fixes two birds with one stone - just remember you have to unscrew the pin on your SMAS hinges . .

1 Like

Cost you nothing to try it sounds like since you have one . .

1 Like

Yeah I just installed the DAS on my 8kx a few days ago and I do like the fit of it on my head a bit better. My computer chair has a back that goes up to the middle of my head and I find that I can rest my head back better with the DAS because it is not as bulky in the back as the SMAS. Other than that though I found the SMAS to be comfortable enough. However I do miss not having headphones touching my ears so I am really curious to hear what the DMAS sounds like from reviewers. If it truly is as good or better than the Index then I would likely pick those headphones up and reinstall my SMAS

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.