Index controller tracking issues. Never gonna be fixed?

If you remember, when you receive the 8kx, comment here again if the problem is there as well. If not, then that’s pretty interesting :male_detective:

1 Like

You read my mind I was literally going to ask if you could do this. I figured you could since this is the method that EricForPresident used on his youtube channel to use his knuckles with his G2.

Question about that?

There might be another benefit to pairing through the vive or dongles. Would it be possible to pair the controllers through the vive/watchman and switch between 5k+, 8kX and G2 without having to repair the controllers to each headset?

1 Like

I used knuckles without external dongles with OG Vive.

Idk, I sold Vive headset, hence I can’t do such test.

2 Likes

haha, no worries. I will just have to face the spiders and grab the Vive from the Attic to test it out

1 Like

No problems on the 8kx

2 Likes

So, I assume this rule out the motherboard issues and the lighthouses? If 8kx works fine and not 5k+ I logically will assume it’s the 5k+ fault unless the pimax team have some other information but it’s a bit suspicious all of this went dark after the last big thread. I know not everyone have this problem but some do, whether it’s the earlier models or that some were just unlucky.

I hope pimax can actually fix this issue if this is the case. I’ll be awaiting information here on this thread, after all, I bought a product that was suppose to work with the index controllers

There is another thread with folks doing Jitter test

Here
https://community.openmr.ai/t/who-has-stable-lh-2-0-tracking-on-8kx/31984/102

3 Likes

I have a 8KX, and 0 problems with a pair of Index controllers and Steam Bases. No jitter or other tracking problems :wink:

2 Likes

If your knuckles controllers work without jitter plugged into the headset via USB C cable then it’s most likely faulty steamVR watchmen dongles inside the headset, as the USB-C input bypasses the need for the dongle.

You can double confirm it if you have no jitter or tracking issues when using the same knuckles controllers with an index or with a HTC vive headset, and if you also have no issues tracking the same problem knuckles controllers on Pimax headsets using USB-C data cables instead of wireless transmission when trying each problem controller after plugging them into USB C port under the headset, to test to see if using the USB-C cable fixes the issue on one or both controllers as long as you’re using the cable.

If it’s fine wired, and controller jitter is only a problem on a Pimax headset in wireless transmission mode it’s clearly because of the wireless receiver dongle or dongles inside the headset itself which are faulty. There are two, one for each controller inside the headset and one or both could be faulty causing the jitter problem.

If it is a faulty watchmen dongle hardware problem which I’m pretty sure it is, affecting some headsets which have the jitter and tracking problem when using knuckles controllers, then software patches likely won’t fix it and you have to get new steamVR dongle/dongles. At least one and ideally two.

Hi zoyer,

Have your problem:Indes controller tracking issues been solved?
If not , you can make a ticket for help in helpdesk.

Apple

As for many others it hasn’t been solved. Creating a ticket won’t help since they already have a bunch of info of the links provided. Also the guy who just got his 8kx and the tracking seems to be working well there unlike with his 5k.

Not sure if the headsets are the problem but some things indicate that it is.

This most likely won’t get solved anyway

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.