Index causing problems

Overclocking may indeed put additional stress on the system, but OP claims, he can run exactly the same system fine when not using the controllers. And controllers alone do not add much in terms of the power/performance requirements.

2 Likes

True, but I assume he’s already investigated my first suggestion, so now we’re looking at less likely issues, in the hope of tracking down whatever is wrong.

Keep in mind that the controllers do put an additional strain on the USB components, which might cause problems in marginal situations.

1 Like

Smart monitoring should be in your bios in one of the areas of Hard drive settings.

I bought a new SSD to boot from and run PiTool and everything from. It seemed to work without any problems whatsoever. All of a sudden, when playing GORN, the headset went black. I looked at my desktop, SteamVR had closed. I reopened SteamVR and it said it was in SteamVR Home. I looked in the headset and it was completely black. Every few seconds it would flash on and show SteamVR Home but had A LOT of noice and glitchy pixels. I restarted my computer and now I’m getting the “USB Device malfunctioned” Error again.

Red LED on the headset, Error 10500 on PiTool.
HMDMalfunction

I have had the unknown usb message in windows usually a cold boot works. Shutdown wait 30s and power up.

It is annoying but doesn’t happen to me too often

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.