I GET RID of ALL issues with only one SIMPLE MOD

Thanks, i’m gonna try this today!

1 Like

I find the opposite is true. Putting the extra foam on the bottom instead of the top so the headset tilts upwards is what got rid of the distortions for me and made it so I could actually wear the headset for more than 5 minutes without it digging into my nose.

3 Likes

I achieved the same result with a counterbalance attached to the back of the strap. No nose pressure, nor pressure on my cheeks. I can wear my 8K for 5+ hours (continuous) without discomfort.

2 Likes

Each of us have their own topology. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this. So You wrote that changing the inclination was very helpful. I’m trying to do the same with Pimax 5K+ and I’m trying to understand Your procedure…

1. Was You IPD set before trying to position HMD on your head. If Yes then if it was to Your physical IPD?
  2. What test screen were You observing so You can tell that there is no distortion, overlapping. I don’t know what to expect? Is eye strain disappear immediately or with some time?
  3. In the final optimal position for Your face was the eye closer to lenses or farther?
1 Like

@Heliosurge Can we add this thread to the pinned banner thread under possible fix list for the eyestrain issue?

1 Like