I GET RID of ALL issues with only one SIMPLE MOD

Wauw thanks! i will save this for later

3 Likes

I’m really happy to help the Pimax community :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow this is great! Nicely done!

2 Likes

I like how the OP wrote about his experiences. It’s like an reading a adventure story. :blush:

5 Likes

Fantastic insight, thank you @Yen !

2 Likes

Thanks hahahaah :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

“Pimax engineers hate him!” /s

5 Likes

I hope not … I love them. I hope they also love me for removing a problem :slight_smile: Hahah

2 Likes

I’m trying to go in the other direction - with thinner padding. With my head (form and size) the included cushion or thicker leads to small stereo overlap and dark borders inside of the vision from the black plastic holding the lenses. While posting about this in the past days I have noticed that other people also experience this but consider it “normal”. However this can be fixed with thinner cushion.
The problem is that the warping become stronger, so some experimenting is needed to find the optimal padding and headset position.

3 Likes

what do you mean by warping exactly ?
I tried @Yen mod, it is better for the clarity but I have a strange effect like a light fisheye effect, like this but lighter :

2 Likes

thats the whole thing about distortions. too near or too far away from the lenses and you will see optical sideeffects. there is no solution for everyone.

3 Likes

Yeah I tried this mod too, didn’t help me. I can get rid of almost all blur by finding the right foam thickness and I can optimize distortion (geo transformation of objects) by adjusting the HMD up/down on my face, but I never get to the point where the world really stays ‘stable’, like it’s really there, it always transforms slightly when I move my head. Adjusting the tilt doesn’t fix it neither, I’ve been trying that again tonight, but no, it always stays like this.

I’m really not sure why it seems only a minority who has this problem. On my vive pro I never had this problem, the world was always extremely ‘stable’. With my Odyssey+ I have this problem a little bit, but nowhere as bad as with the 5k+

1 Like

Yeah that does seem to be what I’m describing, the world ‘compresses’ towards the edges. It’s indeed nowhere as bad as the pic but this is indeed ‘distortion’. You can optimize it by moving the HMD up/down your face and find the spot where this effect is the least, but it never gets 100% right, at least not for me. I still find this the biggest downside of my 5k+

2 Likes

I don’t know if the distortion algorithm calculation is based on the distance from the eye to the screen assuming the Fresnel lenses distortion matrix is fixed but maybe playing with distortion matrix values can help? I think somewhere in the forum it was information on how to change it?

Doubling the facepad thickniss would reduce the FOV tremendously i would think?!

Keeps adding more foam/mods until the Pimax looks like this

8 Likes

Maybe instead of adding some foam at the top, remove some foam at the bottom by replacing the 11mm with something thinner.

Great idea,
I did something a little different though cause my first go I was fogging up a bit.
Tennis sweat band. Stops me fogging and gives me the slightly incanted top to get the veiwpoint I wanted.
JB

3 Likes

Nike Tennis Sweat Band - Just Do It :joy:

That is what I use and it also helps my brow to stay clear of the lenses so that I minimise smearing them up.

4 Likes

I had a bit of a Eureka moment grabbed my Pimax 4K BE,took out the foam and plonked it on the 5K+ after I realised how thicker and more luxurious the 4K 's foam is,it was a complete revelation compared to the lanky and weeny default 5K+ foam.Wearing glasses just became a breeze no discomfort at all.

Not satifised with my facepad chimera of a creation I tried the much more rigid headstrap but that was a no go would need to radically mod it somehow,so anybody got a 4K give it a go.:thinking:!

Update:Went the full do it yourself route used 5K foam then double velcro to old 4K and what a difference so comfy with my glasses as well,the sweet spot seems bigger and less of a halo effect well pleased with it ,saved me some pennies on another face pad which I think would be inferior to my creation :grin:

:+1:

8 Likes