HP Reverb G2 vs. Pimax 8KX - My Full Review and Comparison

No but I might keep replying to his posts pointing out flaws in his review process.

He clearly doesn’t like people discussing his content so just make the whole thing private maybe, I don’t know.

1 Like

Definition of review:

To review means to look back over something for evaluation or memory.

If your boss wants to give you a review, she wants to look over the history of your job performance. A doctor might review your medical record to help diagnose your sickness. The review of a book or movie often evaluates the work in question based on its strong and weak points, sometimes ending with a recommendation (or a dismissal). Before a big test, you might want to review (“brush up on”) your notes.

I evaluated the products. That’s a review. Not sure what nonsense you are spouting.

9 Likes

Well one tip: you seem to write down your whole presentation and then just read it out loud. That will never sound good. It’s much better to just write down some points you want to touch on and then just talk about those.

8 Likes

Thats a good tip,it sounds a bit robotic…

I just cancelled my G2 pre order. I’m very happy with my 8kx. I ll wait for the next bigger jump in vr headsets. Just like I do with gpu or cpu.

4 Likes

Well that’s awkward because I did write up full points and then turned them into short simple points and then spoke improvisingly. Must be the pace of my voice that makes it sound scripted.

4 Likes

Haha yeah it does sound like you’re just reading some text. But I’m sure with some more practice, watching your own video’s and try some things that you can improve.

4 Likes

I’m a subscriber to your reviews. Maybe do live stream where you could answer questions

3 Likes

All in all your review was informative,

3 Likes

I wonder if enough people would be interested in a Reverb G2 live AMA session.

4 Likes

This id a curiosity as to why it needs it. As others have used Quest headphones with the dual jacks without an issue.

Pretty Good video! Seem legit honest! Well done

5 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: Pimax owners’ autos

Sure which aligns with @NextGenVR’s comparison. Though we know TH has not had an 8kX yet to evaluate.

With TH’s requirements it may not score as high. Though it might when they do if PE is even more ready then.

2 Likes

They are favorable …about tracking he said fake things…it’s impossibile have problem with beat Saber.

This guy Is the same One that said 5k+ doesnt works…because of his old GPU…

It is not impossible at all. There not reviewing a headset on Playstation. And HP has had a lot of serious quality issues with products.

I also know Kevin does not make Fake reviews his test methods are quite thorough.

And no he didn’t say it didn’t work. He said it doesn’t work well out of the box with default settings; however did say it was still early days and pitool was not considered finished at time of headset release which was true. He was one of the m1 testers whom was not able to continue testing as his m1 died and was not replaced.

I needed to revise my review, you can check it out here:

12 Likes

What change did you make to make it significantly sharper than before? 25% sharper? Damn! Strap position? Sounds very interesting!

I just did more A/B comparisons between G2 and 8KX today in the same scenes of Half Life Alyx to come to that conclusion. The slightly wider FOV from having my face closer probably helped.

3 Likes

It’s impossibile at all, they are fake news!!

I have a Odyssey+ and there Is no problem with beat Saber, with 4 cam It can be Just Better.

So this guy it’s a fake dealer or not able to make test.

2 Likes