How to Significantly Improve the Brightness and Colors of the Pimax 8KX!

It should be. However be careful as Alex mentioned going to cloud for firmware updates and now it is not all models in one firmware file.

With pitool 264 I think 294 in release notes said to unplug the Display Port with flashing that firmware.

Helio, you missed the post he made earlier where his issue has already been resolved.

3 Likes

No I saw it after my posts were made. Just figured no reason to really delete them. :beers::wink::+1::sparkles:

4 Likes

How long do the flash take? been at 98% for 20min now.

New beta firware is great for me
Dirt rally 2 waaaaou

3 Likes

How long did it take for the fw to update?

Only 30 seconds max. Looks like you need to reset your headset like @mmorselli

Strange thing is turned off pitool and flash software warned turn on pitool so it still seem to work but nothing seem to happen at 98% :confused:

@mmorselli Would you mind sharing the P2_129 firmware Pimax gave you on this forum? This would help other people having issues.

1 Like

Unplug your DP cable from the HMD

2 Likes

It is unpluged, onlything now seem to be restart windows :frowning:

1 Like

Gladly, but asking permission first…

@PimaxQuorra @Alex.liu @PimaxUSA, am I authorized to do that?

2 Likes

Try to upgrade using DFUupgrade first

Refer to this video, flash utility link is in the comments

1 Like

Bizare
Me i update with dpi pluged
And its work with the updater into pimax folder

2 Likes

It worked perfect to me. I love this feature. Franky I use very low brightness level - under 50%. It gives me pretty good black level.

I am looking for 50/60 Hz refresh rate.

3 Likes

@SweViver I guess the implementation in PE is planned, am I wrong? It would be very useful to have in profiles

1 Like

Hope Pimax come out with the new firmware soon so people can flash it easily.

1 Like

Hi reptilexcq - We will certainly do that! Thing is we want to give the folks here early access to new features that are in beta. A bit of a perk for being here and participating in this forum which we very much appreciate.

We just have to be very careful with wide releases.

Our team is always more than excited to improve every aspect of these headsets via firmware and software releases. We see many hypothetical improvements in this very forum and we have special meetings to discuss feasibility every week.

8 Likes

Thanks for that. I still really need 60Hz though.

Just started using a couple CAD applications (MakeVR and GravitySketch) - both would benefit significantly (as in much closer to 1.5x TotalSR) from the 60Hz refresh rate. As it turns out, having imported my entire 3D printer design without the model being in an optimized gaming engine can be quite intense for the GPU.

1 Like