How to play project cars2 on pimax 8k, 5k without parallel projections and steamvr

13 Likes

Awesome. And now X-Plane 11 please.

1 Like

maybe a dump question but i can’t see what you are doing first step with first file, can you give an short description?

1 Like

wow please an english discription how too please…

1 Like

I don’t understand how, in the first step when you create the txt file whith that number, and import the exe to pitool, how can you run the game in vr without steamvr on (the steamvr icon is grey i can see)

And, in the other hand, what is that number in the steam_appld.txt file?

PD. ok, i renamed bad the file, the correct name is steam_appid.txt.

Now, i can run withouth parallel options, but if i erase the import file and start the game from the other tab, the game use steamvr and need parallel again

Anyway, thank you very much for the tip!!

1 Like

i guess this runs pcars in oculus mode?

2 Likes

Create “steam_appid.txt” in the folder where pcars2 is installed and write 378860 in that file

3 Likes

Check if Steam Cloud Sync is enabled.

2 Likes

thanks but if i do that after importing the game in pitools if i launch it, it just starts in normal mode, not vr
I don’t understand what you do with the first file before creating the txt file

If oculus home is not installed, copying both files LibOVRRT32_1.dll and LibOVRRT64_1.dll(https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M11Zdytb_B3_r5v2oI5pr7ZCTKxdnam1 ) to the folder where pcars2 is installed will work.

4 Likes

I tried this PC2 startup method without projections.
Unfortunately, I did not find an increase in productivity (as if it became even worse).
In general, my task was to configure PC2 with Large FOV (1080ti + 8600k). And it is definitely difficult to do on the “big FOV”.
But on normal FOV, everything is fine for me at 72hz very smoothly, 10 rivals go side by side.

Once again I want to convincingly say: do not turn on BrainWarp (“smart anti-aliasing” in car simulators), with it it is only worse, the picture becomes jerky and the sensation of speed is lost.

The main task for the settings in car simulators = smooth + lack of jaggies and chipping.

PC2 basically allows you to adjust all this to Normal FOV (with a 1080ti video card) at 72hz.
At the same time, if you cannot reach 72 hz, put 64hz and everything will be the norm (the main thing for us in car simulators is to provide the native frequency from 64hz +)
My settings are (PiTool 1,0):

All this is configured with parallel projections enabled. / PiTool 1.0

3 Likes

i see some small performance gains in your settings.
The resolution can you set it to 26hz for your main monitor?, it gives an performance gain as good lowering the resolution itself to a small window.
I have anisotropic filtering off, do you notice difference in pc2?

1 Like

Great idea, I will try to switch to 26hz for a monitor this can help.

Anisotropic filtering greatly improves picture quality and aliasing, in my opinion.
I always stick to x16. (but if there is not enough performance, then I put at least x8).

As I have noticed, the parameter “Render Frames Ahead” on “4” gives a significant improvement in smoothness of movement.

2 Likes

thanks,oke i will try them

1 Like

Well this is important info. Putting a text file in an app folder does nothing without this.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

do you have ets2 or american truck sim and get it to work like this?

Got this working, didn’t realize we need to leave the ‘.txt’ extension. I was hoping the recenter keybind would solve the issue I saw others bring up, but it doesn’t recenter to the hmd(offset to floor level).

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t have them.

I have a Vive lighthouse and I have to have the headset on my head or in the same height as it is suposed to be, when starting PC2. First time I had the headset on my desk when starting PC2 and took the headset on after then I was on the roof of the car and recenter did not help. So keep it in eye level when starting PC2!

1 Like

There’s a “re-center view/HMD” (don’t remember the name)shortcut in PC2.

If You have a Steam Controller it’s on the < button next to the Valve button.

You can also control when it re-centers automatically (or disable it completely) in the “virtual reality” menu under “options”.

1 Like