How to connect Both Eye tracking module and Hand tracking module on Pimax 8KX?

Having notified that the upper the USB port is removed from 8K X, I wonder how Pimax would suggests me to enjoy “compete” Pimax 8K X experience with both ET and HT modules at the same time.

As a VR flight simmer I need both higher frame rate ( with ET) and hand tracking for complex Plane instrument panels.

The last thing I would want to see is Pimax introduce All in One Pimax 8k X with integrated ET and HT soon after 8K X launch without supporting the original 8K X users on this issue.

3 Likes

Use a additional usb cable…that’s all

1 Like

Another USB cable from PC? seriously?

4 Likes

I had the same question and it was rumored that the hand tracking module has an USB pass-through port at the side but according to my latest information the initial version of the hand tracking doesnot have this pass-through port.
So the solution for now is to use another long USB 3.0 cable in parallel to the Pimax-HMD cable.

But I have a question about the sofware compatibility. Is the hand tracking module compatible with the existing Leap Motion Orion beta software, so any app using this would also run with the Pimax module?

3 Likes

Yep. Not a great solution for a modular headset.

I think this decision has seriously harmed the hand tracking module.
I can imagine many people will now pick which one they want instead of buying both.
Eye tracking will likely win.
Even though it has a messy cable going from top of headset to bottom port.
Which imo is a potential cable/port damage risk from picking up & putting the hmd down.

It’s a bit of a shame they didn’t take a little more time to add an upper port in a new location on the case.

5 Likes

yes, there was no space for a second port on the new pcb left.

Actually, I thought adding USB pass-through port at HT module could be workaround for this case. I hope Pimax should consider this option.

1 Like

I believe the new pcb was bigger meaning no room in the old location.
& they deemed redesigning the casing to move it, too time consuming

2 Likes

the people would have streaked through the country with forks and pitchforks if there was a further delay. :joy:

4 Likes

No more than usual :joy:
You wait until reviews hit when people get samples of both modules but can’t plug them both in.
Pimax will suffer this oversight

2 Likes

It will be curious to put the wireless module and have to connect a cable to the PC. Well, fortunately they are considering charging us more for another cable with the USB they have removed from the headset. We go back to another cable to the PC, when they start telling us that the wireless would be compatible with the 8KX.

All very normal and very logical. Pimax.

4 Likes

A botched job anyway.

2 Likes

you can develop a better HMD. we are waiting…

2 Likes

If you keep accepting problems like this with open arms while defending these decisions, then you are going to keep getting served them over & over.

1 Like

I’d be better organized, that’s for sure.

It’s been weeks since I realized that all your messages are for trolling. a lot for the little time you’ve been on the forum.
Are you sure you’re not someone else here with a history of fake accounts?

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure who I am. I just don’t start crying over every little thing and rather enjoy the progress that has been made. Unfortunately I have to wait a long time for my X, because there are a lot of people in front of me who are whining before they hold theirs.

@SweViver mentioned a possible all in one cable that they are considering. I once again urge Pimax to consider fast tracking such a cable. As someone who is going to want to use both Eye tracking and hand tracking I really dont want to wait another year for Pimax to eventually get around to such a product.

6 Likes

There is a lot of empty space. Sure no room at the top but it could have been moved to a new location. However this would have delayed the launch having to retool the housing for the change.

3 Likes

Why? They haven’t yet and it has been 2.5+ years since og delivery projection.

The Cable change would have even worked and is not a huge change. Save that they likely prematurely bought a large stock of cables that would be useless if they had ordered the cable with an usb external plug.

You do seem to like stirring things up instead of adding value at the best of times.

2 Likes