How to cancel 8KX backer upgrade?

Fact remains that every company should know with whom they are doing business with, such as 3rd parties and their conditions.
And if this is ultimately relevant to the customer it needs to be explicitly stated in any contract in advance if money needs to be substracted.
Simple as that imho.
And in not doing so we can agree that it is at least very poor practice and should not be put on the customers account as he was fully unaware.
It is also comprehensible that the customer feels cheated if those costs are being thrown at him by surprise.
I get there is a fine line in terms of accusations but i urge for understanding.

1 Like

Doesn’t look like I’ll be placing a bid at the running auction price lol
unless I get a severe bang on the head or something

1 Like

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283959699797

Another option? Also geffvader is planning to sell his backer 8kx

1 Like

I’m currently winning bidder on that one

not for long I expect

I slipped and banged my hairy lid
on’t ebay website did I bid
I clicked and bought an 8KX
now wife says there’s no more sex

5 Likes

It’s really not acceptable to charge people for the processing fees for undelivered and unsent items unless you make such things clear (in which case, most people won’t order if it says there’s a 3% cancellation fee, as soon as you order). First off, Stripe charges 2.9% + 30c per transaction. They do not charge on a refund, but keep the original fee if it was already charged.

Secondly, it’s important to note that the reason 95% of companies authorize and don’t charge your card until the item is shipped, is that you can cancel at any point until the item is shipped, and as the money isn’t taken, no fees apply, so 100% refund (as in no charge happens, just the pending/hold on your cc). Stripe works the same way. Pimax bucked that trend, collected pre-order and backorder money at the time of order instead of when items ship, and didn’t note or mention any transaction fees or charges for cancellation. They should be eating those charges.

8 Likes

They were holding on someone else’s money, so technically they could collect an interest and then used it to pay the fee :wink:.

3 Likes

Well at least 2 bidders with deep pockets want this 8kx , so I’m out

3 Likes

the last one we heard the price on was 2000 euros cash, for those of us wanting to sell this is good news that they are still going high lol

3 Likes

Right now one 8k X is selling on eBay . Seems like it will sell for 2000€ (:joy::man_facepalming:)

2 Likes

I’ll be keeping mine. I’ve waited too long to not play with my new toy! :smiley:

6 Likes

Could buy one in the store now for $1000 plus delivery plus $220 taxes
so about £1000 giving up the stretch goals

But I guess if you want it now , then pay up

Only takes 2 resolute buyers

1 Like

Only looks like a few buyers battling it out though , next highest bidder was your’s truly

2 Likes

The colours are worth 300€ on this hmd not 2000€ :sweat_smile::man_shrugging:

I think I will stick to the wireless vive pro gear mod / Reverb G2 combo ??

1 Like

Ye I think its the best for now hands down. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

Let the 3080 / eye tracking / hmd dust settle til next spring

20 posts were split to a new topic: HTC Cosmos lens Mod

@PimaxUSA
@PimaxQuorra

I understand that you try to do your best to deal with the matter of let‘s call it diplomatically unexpected „refund fees“
As you said you would prefer having issues like these via PMs I am unsure how to deal with it from now, as this issue afftects multiple customers though, it may be easier to communicate progress on that matter openly.
I‘m ok with any though as long it will be dealt with at all and imho preferably…soon.
To avoid multiple times asking for the actual progress and acting against the rule by being overly repetitive on that issue please state your preferred way and I will follow accordingly.
Will you post your decision how to handle it here or via pm?
thank you

3 Likes

sorry to point on that but this is the first time I experienced the very downsides when threads go too off-topic, so pls take it elsewhere.

Had a message from quorra laying out all the refund issues broadly discussed here, again…

It may be because of not understanding the reason at all, or because of too many off-topic posts.
I‘m a glas half-full guy so I hope it is because of the 2nd reason.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.