How to cancel 8KX backer upgrade?

Has anyone successfully cancelled their 8KX backer upgrade yet?

All I can find are reports from preorders.

@PimaxQuorra: how do I go about cancelling my 8KX backer upgrade?

3 Likes

Has MRTV convinced you with the perfect headset? :star_struck:

Just kidding, honestly. I got both ordered and will decide once they’re both here. Not one day earlier.

4 Likes

Login, find your order and you’ll be able to communicate after clicking the order.

https://backer.pimaxvr.com/web/login

3 Likes

At least I know a couple of cases (Plan D). And yes, they’ve switched to the HP Reverb G2, without trying it. And they don’t expect the final version to be as good as the one Sebastian tested.

1 Like

I’m thrilled It looks like my delivery date is advancing by one device

7 Likes

Thanks!

@JoCool: not at all. I do have a G2 on preorder, and might keep it if it’s any good. But that’s not why I’m contemplating cancelling my pre-order. From all the first impressions I have read so far, the 8KXv1 looks to be a really good HMD, no doubt in my mind. Thing is, I pre-ordered the 8KX when I hadn’t really given my Index and its high refresh rate panels a chance to grow on me yet; I have come to realize that I’m actually extremely susceptible to said feature and I also believe that an 8KXv2 with possibly integrated eye-tracking and DP2.0 integration is an inevitability.

So I’m solely pondering that move because a) it turned out high refresh rate is important to me and b) because I absolutely believe Pimax will be able to iterate quickly on the current v1. No bashing, quite the opposite actually.

Well that, and of course to get @dstar to have his 8KX sooner :smiley:

11 Likes

@PimaxQuorra please advise Doris to execute the requested cancellation of my backer upgrade to the 8KX asap.

Also, please confirm that cancelling a backer upgrade results in my re-eligibility of all backer stretch goal advantages that were given up when upgrading according to the chosen upgrade plan.

Thank you!

3 Likes

can you elaborate on that? are you saying reverb g2 CV will be worse somehow?

1 Like

No but the colors will probably not be as shiny.

1 Like

Its not the massive production version; it could be better or worse, will see.
HP said it would lower the brightness and that the FOV would be the same as the previous version.

2 Likes

They said that the quoted FOV would be the same, but they also mentioned that the G1 wasn’t hitting that mark. This time around, you’ll actually get whats being advertised, whereas with the previous Reverb, you supposedly weren’t.

In regards to brightness, Sebastian also praised the overall contrast of the device. If he thinks black levels are as good as the Index at it’s standard brightness while the Reverb G2 is at an elevated brightness, that bodes will for the overall picture quality. Still though, I can’t imagine HP not allowing for some sort of brightness adjustment anyway.

3 Likes

@PimaxQuorra

I still haven’t had heard back from support on my cancellation request of my backer upgrade SO6963.

Please advise immediately!

@PimaxUSA @SweViver

Is this how loyal backers who have invested considerable amounts of effort and energy into Pimax are treated?!

3 Likes

Hello,

We nudged Emily to respond on your refund request.
If she didn’t respond by today, please let us know.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

5 Likes

Dear @PimaxQuorra,

Emily has gotten in touch, trying to convince me not to cancel, which is her job, so fair enough.

I will be back in touch with you if cancellation and reimbursement haven’t been completed by the end of this week.

Also, please do confirm that my pledge goals will be reinstated.

Thanks!

@PimaxUSA @SweViver

4 Likes

Interested to see how this goes. I made a topic a while back about the 8KX being DOA given the amount of time it has taken to release now. No clear indication for me when I will get it. So, a refund at this stage might be prudent given the chance that Pimax will make an 8KX+ which addresses all of the current issues (built in eye-tracking, better audio solution by default, higher refresh rate etc). Also a little disheartening to hear one user experiencing the same eye focus issue of previous Pimax headsets. Sure, I think there are some people awaiting my review of the 8KX but I don’t think the numbers warrant me to keep it just for that considering it’s over $600 I paid.

:thinking:

3 Likes

Dear @PimaxQuorra,

Emily has today confirmed my cancellation and assured me, I‘d be in possession of my reimbursement within 2-3 days - thank you!

I still require an official confirmation of my eligibility for all backer stretch goals, please do reply.

@PimaxUSA @SweViver

2 Likes

Dear @PimaxQuorra,

Another working day has passed in China and I still haven’t received any word on how you intend to deal with my KS stretch goals after having cancelled my backer upgrade.

The KS order shows my stretch goals as non existent and list a reference to my backer upgrade order number.

How is that possible? My refund page shows the refund as approved, hence I expect immediate reinstatement of my stretch goal privileges!

@PimaxUSA @SweViver

4 Likes

What is your IPD? It seems that people with a wide enough IPD don’t have any focus issues.

I believe it is 64 (20 characters)

I would think you should be ok since people have been saying add about +4mm to the Pimax readout, and the lowest it goes is 60, so 64 should be good at the lowest setting. Unfortunately, mine is 58mm which I can’t get it adjusted without eyestrain no matter what I do.