HOTAS mounts for mounting on an office chair

Yeah, HOTAS is the way. I got mine mounted in front of, and in line with the armrests with vesa tube mounting brackets on an ikea chair… Let me have a look if I have some old pictures on this computer…

edit: I actually took the mounts to a store to test if you could mount them on a Playseat Challenge and it’s doable if you want a simple portable combo rig.

I’ve found them, repeat, I’ve found them:

5K+ with Vive Pro headstrap, not the Pimax carbonite copy. This was in 2018.

5 Likes

Ingenious way to use vesa mounts, now where did you buy them :laughing: need a pair for a friend.

3 Likes

Same here… :smiley:

Google “vesa pole mount bracket”… :wink: Image search… :slight_smile:

EDIT: These seem very similar:

3 Likes

Beautiful. I was going to mount mine on a loose keyboard tray I don’t use and just put it on my lap…but actually I just combine my HOTAS together (I have a cheaper TFlight HOTAS 4), and it works fine just on my lap with nothing else. Ideally I’d like a cockpit with the ability to use both my wheel/pedals and HOTAS, but they just take up too much room for me.

4 Likes

Your googleFu is strong, but alas that is not the same model, I found that one as well :laughing:

3 Likes

Yes, you need the one with two joints, guys.
I bought mine from ebay.

Google-Fu this PSG02632B

3 Likes

Locally in Denmark is cheapest it seems :grinning:
https://dk.farnell.com/pro-signal/psg02632b/bracket-pole-mount-vesa75-100/dp/3370813

3 Likes

You raided England, admit it!!

Oh! You also need 30mm wide industrial strength velcro.

edit: I can’t seem to find 30mm of the one I bought. Maybe I bought the 50mm and cut it to size. Don’t remember.

It look like this anyway:

3 Likes

We were Young and in need of money… OK?! :smiley:

3 Likes

LoL :rofl: loot and plunder​:+1: yes before Brexit :joy:

sure thing with the welcro :wink:

2 Likes

And back then you looked like the sexy Netflix version of Ragnar Lodbrok. Vi e röööde…

2 Likes

Sure thing…! :smiley:

1 Like

Bonus edit… :wink:

2 Likes

Waaaahahhaa that’s a good one…

2 Likes

I did this exact setup a few years back with my x-56 (since replaced with virpil alphas) - vesa clamps onto the arms of (in my case) an ikea Markus chair using high strength velcro. It was better than having them on the desk, where they would slide & be far too high up, but I eventually grew tired of the faff of taking them on & off between sessions and upgraded to the monstertech desk mounts, which, while a bit of an investment, I find significantly more useful & convenient.

I’ve got a similar setup, for my X52 HOTAS, although I simply bought the components from MonsterTech (in Germany). I especially like the quick-release clamps. The kit is a bit pricey, but very well-made. Shipping costs are high.

. https://www.monstertech.de/en/product-category/flight-en/chair/
. https://monstertechusa.com (US branch)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.