Hitman vr coming to pc 20th jan

Hello,

Before we manage to speak with the devs, I’ll ask our team to run tests on this game. Hopefully we can provide good guide for our members.

3 Likes

Thx for the reply,

A Guid is not needed.Its what i wrote here.
The game needs alot of supersampling.

They made the game at a very low resolution…

Best is to set pitool qaulity about 1.5 or 2.
And play with the steam sampling settings between 35 and 80…

But iparallel projection is needed.
So it would be better if we dont need that.

.so we can go higher in sampling or use the normal field off view instead off small.

Best regards

1 Like

I tried using Potato View to give myself a bit more headroom for sampling but for some reason it made the game’s contrast get overblown. Bright scenes became way to bright to the point where you couldn’t see some things. Anyone else have this issue? It went away when I put it back on Small FOV.

1 Like

i have that on some levels too on small field off view,But only on a level like Haven Island its too much,did you turn off hdr?

1 Like

Looks like some solution is found for oculus users https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yyrJWxcCFg

1 Like

MacInVR just posted this. Sounds hopeful

3 Likes

yes i have this patch sinds saturday,its a shader patch and helps with stuttering.

But i realy hope they give us an option to disable AA (i think there is somekind of TAA applied)And if there is somekind off dynamic resolution to turn that off as well.
And some more patches for the vr janky stuff…

But it is realy fun in vr(even with the bad vr controls) i do like it alot more then my first impressions…

3 Likes

This is good news. There is a chance they will fix this because I have a feeling that they are going to want to put this on PSVR2. As it stands right now I dont know if Sony is going to give this their seal of approval as it is now.

And they need to have controls worked out by then. I suspect that this may partially be the reason we got a port to begin with.

2 Likes

This a good sign:

IO Interactive on Twitter: “We’re preparing an update for @HITMAN 3 tomorrow (Jan 25) to address an issue with Elusive Target Arcade timers. We have other teams working towards a fix for an Xbox console crash & we’re also investgating further PC VR improvements. Latest updates: https://t.co/bbXiH2l5xn https://t.co/GMg20LosF8” / Twitter

2 Likes

Beardo sums up this game perfectly here

1 Like

Does anyone have the problem with no audio in the headset while playing Hitman3 my computers audio is working fine and when I start the game in desktop mode everything works fine if I choose system or stereo in sound settings but when I start up in vr the setting is locked to headphones and there is no audio very annoying

And all the others VR games has sound just hitman doesnt? That would be really strange.

I have experienced several titles (usually UnrealEngine-based ones), which launch without hogging window focus, and for some reason remain silent until I alt-tab my way to them myself, but I imagine that can’t be it…

1 Like

I had a strange problem when Wolfenstein iirc came out. I had to disable audio devices not in use; even though the game gave you a direct option in it’s own settings to choose which one to use.

With it defaulting to Headphones it might not be using the Usb audio device that the headset uses. You may need to see if Hitman has an option ig to choose preferred audio device or a settings file.

EDiT

This reddit post is Quest but the described fix sounds like it will work.

Thanks for you’re suggestions but I also found the Reddit fix but my windows sound is working just fine the game just does not see my usb audio device as default for headphones I already tried to manually choose the audio devices in steam vr but I bought this game a year ago through epic games so maybe that’s an issue I did not know the vr part was PS exclusive I was so disappointed but I already put in 2 ticket request at the so called hitman 3 support website lots of hitman but not a lot of support it’s been like 3 days now but there probably to busy with fixing problems so I’ll just have to wait and see if they are going to help because it’s definitely a problem with there game al my other games work absolutely fine

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.