Has Pimax Now been delayed? (It's June 29th)

During last week’s update, the verbiage used was “[event coming] next week, or early the following week”. This wording has remained unchanged during this week’s update. Is Pimax Now still due early next week, or has it been pushed back by another week?

8 Likes

Obviously delayed lol. I bet they will say the same thing every week.

4 Likes

I thought it was supposed to happen in may :smile:
Sorry but that line will never get old…

16 Likes

It was a typo. When they said May 2020 they meant Maybe 2020 hehe

22 Likes

Is it Thursday yet ? :smile:
Sorry Kevin, but the Pimax Now event has been delayed a tad too many time now. It has gotten to the point where even I think something is off :confused:

14 Likes

Oh my god, that post was from April 24th lol. It’s amazing how many times Pimax breaks their promises.

12 Likes

To be fair that was related to delivery schedule of the 8K X’s but that has not been covered yet, only vaguely and postponed a few times because of other items not up to par yet. And yes I really like that quality testing is better now but… That’s supposed to be a big part of the event right ?

1-2 weeks is latest update of the Pimax Now! event, so probably the beginning of July.

1 Like

Yeah. A company I used to work at used “2 weeks” to mean “we have no idea when”.

6 Likes

Technically Kevin (Pimax USA) didn’t break a promise, primarily as he or no one at Pimax said- “I promise the event will be on day X”.

Yes it’s perpetually disappointing when dates are never met, but from what I can see, no one intentionally makes false statements, instead, time goals are rarely met.

For example, Kevin said “I imagine we’ll be able to answer that - Thursday” - a non binding response similar to when being asked to confirm the 80hz refresh on 8K-X question, Kevin replied to Sebastian (MRTV) 5 months ago on video at CES 2020…“I think the odds are good on that”. So no firm statement of yes, of 80hz on 8K-X.

For example, if you asked “will it rain tomorrow?” and a meteorologist replies “I imagine so, yes” that’s not an actual statement that it will rain, just a statement it probably will rain, but then it equally might not . :slight_smile:

7 Likes

We’re all a bunch of nerds taking statements literally, when they’re not, and people get mad when they don’t work out like expected.

2 Likes

Well it’s like a supposition if someone says something I expect them to tell the truth.

9 Likes

Well I’m sure they don’t make things up, they have a goal and expect something to be done, but crap happens…I appreciate that they’re being more transparent, but it seems most people can’t handle it. I actually think they should not give any dates, anymore, for anything, including stuff like “in a few days,” “or a few weeks.” Big companies don’t do that. The most defined estimates I see for things like game releases are “Summer.” Heck, Cyberpunk got pushed again to November, not everyone’s perfect.

So what you guys are saying is we need to accept pimax’ word is nothing to go by and statements made should not be depended on… It’s just what their public image is and should not be criticized? Anyone hoping for a deadline to be met is just unfair and a troll if they are unhappy

It’s just the norm…?
Not a good look tho making it out to look like the customers are wrong

3 Likes

I think it’s the growing pains of a smaller company over-promising things without realizing the extra steps needed to deliver (prototyping, production, streams/shows, new features, etc). Customers here are extra pissed because company reps actually respond and give us info, so it feels more personal. I think what would be better is just to advertise something and not leave a date, let people speculate, like every other company else does. I’ve been itching for gameplay videos of DIRT 5, yet their social channels throw out crap I don’t care about, but it’s making me look every time they post something…considering they have preorders of the game with no gameplay, I should be pissed that they’d do something like that, which I am…but I’m not out there yelling at them, they’re just letting things brew.

2 Likes

It’s understandable if Pimax is withholding info in order to not set unrealistic expectations, but at some point, they need to start giving specific dates or number of 8K-X’s being produced. If they don’t, then it gives the appearance that Pimax is nowhere near ready to ship the 8KX and new customers will hold off on buying.

Plus with no concrete dates, it makes planning vacations impossible. Without having the information to be able to estimate when your 8K-X might arrive, you could be on vacation when your 8K-X arrives.

6 Likes

Yes pimax need to work on customer trust.

Also true about vacations, I myself am constantly moving around so it will be difficult to organise shipping with these delays

4 Likes

Good point @NextGenVR
I’m sure Pimax will reveal the production numbers soon enough.

3 Likes

You can’t really have it both ways, guys.
If you want more frequent updates, you get less accurate information.

3 Likes

Well let’s hope it lives up to the hype it’s created, must be worth all the delays right?

2 Likes