Has Pimax Now been delayed? (It's June 29th)

it’s been coming next week for several months now

5 Likes

funny where I work, 2 weeks is called a sprint. Pimax is tripping over every hurdle though.

5 Likes

2 weeks is called a sprint where I work now, too.

2 Likes

You work at EA too? LOL

2 Likes

Scrum is pretty widespread You know… :wink:

We do 3 week sprints… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

LOL! While I have written commercially released games, that was decades ago. These days, I work on an engineering suite, for RF, microwave, and wireless communication.

11 Likes
2 Likes

Do you plan on VR remaster? Those beautiful maidens from river Rhine look promising :wink: not sure if I want Osiris standing in front of me though…

7 Likes

MIcrowave based VR let’s make it happen. Just have to get past this pesky microwaves your brain issue :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes it’s been delayed and the event has a name change: Pimax Later

8 Likes

The name should be: DelayMax Later :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Poor Tess. The only thing happening Now is the sad realisation she’s working in the Pimax Zone.

1 Like

Elvis’ assessment regarding the Pimax situation:

“It’s Now or never,

I’d spend a lifetime
Waiting for the right time.
Now that your near
The time is here at last.”

So he did spend a lifetime waiting, didn’t help. Noo…

1 Like

I see a few topic titles have been edited to say the event is on June 29th. Is this definitely now the case?

And if so, why is there no clear statement from Pimax confirming this? :roll_eyes: Or are they simply waiting for Thursday to confirm / delay further?

If it’s a case of, ‘oh they mentioned something on FB somewhere’, then brilliantly effective strategy…

3 Likes

There was this article on VRsomething where they said they spoke to a PiRep and they said something about eyetrackers and hand trackers being available within a months time.

Here’s the screenshot of the reddit post

2 Likes

After Pimax Now

You can order everything

Having at home…

… the following week :smile:

1 Like

It will get officially announced in this weeks weekly update. Let’s hope the event won’t get officially officially postponed again due say a hurricane, virus outbreak, strike, nuclear war, famine… etc etc.

7 Likes

I’m nervous. There are so many possibilities in the next 24 hours

12 Likes

The mere fact that the PD3 event has been pushed back time and again already shows how little has changed in terms of communication & time management, so I suggest strongly to lower your expectations in terms of ETA’s for any deliverables announced during PD3 as these will inevitably see substantial delays beyond what we might be told to expect next week.

I suppose if everything goes perfect we may see deliveries of 8KX to backers commence in August or September. I know, this is hopelessly optimistic, but I did say if everything goes perfect - and when did it ever with Pimax, right.

4 Likes

“Has Pimax Now been delayed?”

The answer to that question is always yes.

6 Likes