Has Pimax Improved after all the promises? The answer is no

I am sorry for getting mad when ive been lied to repeatedly. Apparently I shouldnt get mad.

1 Like

Youre getting mad because youre being ADHD about your delivery. The delay is nothing new. Im an 8KX backer. Ive waited 3 years like you. Whats another week? I dont doubt theyll deliver. But as usual its taking longer. In the context of things so what? Just get off their back and for your own sanity (and ours) off the forum for a week.

5 Likes

Based on the boxes in the recent pictures, it looks like hundreds of 8KX headsets have been completed.
The first row in the first photo is 10 boxes long and 5 boxes high. Assuming each box contains 4 headsets (low estimate) and the rows run evenly, this would result in a number of around 640 8KX headsets in the first photo. (second and third rows with 11 boxes)

The hype about the launch of the Pimax 8KX and the Pimax Now Event has been driven up and accelerated for months. It is therefore not surprising when 8KX backers are annoyed by further delays. In my view, the lack of control in the choice of words reflects a disappointment about the (so far) unfulfilled expectations.

If further delays have to be ascertained in the forum and a week passes before Pimax makes a vague statement and still does not give any current figures, a few question marks will inevitably remain. Especially if internal communication problems are also identified, which leads to unnecessary problems and discussions.

In the end, everyone has the same goal and the major progress at Pimax is evident. The fact that not everything is running smoothly should not hide the fact that the delivery situation will relax in a few weeks and with the new user interface by Marcin, the most powerful and comfortable VR experience is imminent.

4 Likes

This is exactly what I was commenting on before - if you assume its a cubeā€¦ Iā€™m willing to bet real actual money that they deliberately laid the boxes in an L shape, so what you are seeing is the front row and the middle is empty, meaning there is actually a fraction of this count. Its deliberate window dressing to make us think there are lots of headsets ready to ship.

2 Likes

Hahahaha. How about no. Trying to downplay everything and associating a mental illness to your fellow forum member? What a gentlemen.

3 Likes

Also no one cares about boxes. I can show people lots of Cardboardboxes as well.

3 Likes

Ok keep asking every 5 minutes where your delivery is. Preferably with new threads each time.

2 Likes

Victim and entitlement culture all rolled into one. Bravo.

4 Likes

Letā€™s just ignore the fact that Pimax lied repeatedly. Iā€™m actually not sure what type of culture does that but apparently itā€™s okay for your culture to tell lies then blame others.

1 Like

What would be really helpful is if we customers kept attacking each other rather than pimax actually living up to their own statements.

2 Likes

Could someone please close and lock this Troll thread? This is really getting obnoxious!

2 Likes

It would really surprise me if it were an arranged photo, this could be shown with packaging from other headsets even more voluminously and from all sides. In this respect, this seems rather unlikely.

It appears like a spontaneous snapshot. Given the long preparation time, its informative value could certainly be supplemented with a concrete number.

Have they lied? Yes. This really isnā€™t a lie, it was an unexpected problem. I recently ordered a gallon of 99% isopropyl alcohol and amazon refused to deliver it, updating me that they wouldnt while literally in my driveway. Why? Probably thought I was gonna make molotovs, who knows. But these things happen, they clearly didnā€™t expect the delay.

Iā€™ve learned in quoting services to always add an additional couple of weeks. Always better to deliver early. Pimax still needs to learn this, but it comes from years of experience, I donā€™t think theyā€™re malicious for that.

ā€˜It comes from years of experience.ā€™ Itā€™s not like they have been operating a business for years. Does apologizing to your customers when you make mistakes also take years of experience? Does not instantly blaming customers for your own mistake also take years of experience?

@Strydr Iā€™m sorry I annoyed you by telling you that Pimax hasnā€™t improved and continued to lie to your fellow backers.

1 Like

I really dislike this phrasing.

Pimax management is beyond terrible.

Support is forced to operate within the ā€œrulesā€ that nameless management makes up behind the curtain. Support has to work with whatever resources that nameless management provides.

Who is the Gabe Newell of Pimax?

Pimax CEOs know. We know they know, because hey, they did some apology.
Itā€™s not their job to apologize.
Itā€™s their job to get it fixed. They had 3 years.

Three years, and I bet by 2023 - whether Pimax still exists or not - there will still be those faithful defending their conduct, while the rest of us have moved on. VR is some powerful drug.

5 Likes

Ironically their support staff has been nothing short of helpful. We even got information thanks to them.

1 Like

@Generic As youā€™ve been told several times, we got your point. Now leave it the heck alone! The only thing that you are accomplishing now is to piss everyone ELSE off! Please GO AWAY!!!
We no longer have ANY sympathy for you!! GO AWAY!!!

5 Likes

Thankfully I do not work under @Strydr Inc and Iā€™m not part of a dictatorship run by you so Iā€™ll stay.

1 Like

you could just not read and reply in Genericā€™s threads, surely its for Pimax to choose to respond or not to customer complaints, youā€™re not secretly a member of Pimax staff are you?

3 Likes

Guys, I think youā€™ve made your point.