Half-Life: Alyx Announcement Trailer

17 Likes

WOW … looks amazing!!

This will sell a ton of Indexes

I was half expecting some kind of The Lab style small game with Alyx … but this looks like a real AAA game!!

5 Likes

looks great,i cant wait to play it on the index.But i have a feeling is teleportation only…

2 Likes

1 Like

Free with index purchases, and for index controller purchases!

Begging the question for those swapping to and paying for index controllers via pimax, will they get this free? :thinking:

20 Likes

Seconding this question, will Plan F purchasers get Alyx included? We are going to be Index controller owners after all…

Otherwise getting controllers + Alyx is $268 for me. Why not pay Valve the $300 and get Index + SSense + Alyx?

Any answers @PimaxVR @PimaxUSA @SweViver @Matthew.Xu

4 Likes

Customers who have purchased Valve Index hardware by the end of 2019 will have access to unique bonuses starting early next year:

1 Like

Looks great. Happy to get it free with my Index controllers.

That’s a different bit, but same question. The fact you’re not buying from valve might make the difference here!

3 Likes

Are we essentially buying them “used”? Not original owners, and hence why RMAs go through Pimax?

No, it has smooth locomotion as well.

6 Likes

Ah that’s a nice bonus. Mildly counteracts Frontier Developments saying they will not support canted displays

oh? bugger! That’s a shame! :cry:

Appearing in your Steam Library March 2020

There’s no need to enter a key or purchase the game. It’ll appear in your Steam Library upon release, ready to play.

…No matter when you bought your gear

Half-Life: Alyx is yours, whether you’ve had your Valve Index for a while, or are just about to take the plunge.

…Or whether or not you have the whole VR kit

Owners of Valve Index controllers also get Half-Life: Alyx for free.

12 Likes

Yeah, as here :frowning:

https://community.openmr.ai/t/elite-dangerous-non-parallel-hmd-display-support-please-vote/19674/22

https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/848

1 Like

Which is the issue, valve know who’s bought index HMD’s or controllers through them, it’s in the account. But via pimax the only way I see it working would be if valve issued some keys to pimax to distribute.

7 Likes

Yes indeed, I suspect this is going to be a whole new can of worms which is going to leave some people unhappy. I went for the controllers directly from Valve in the end.

3 Likes

We know that will go smoothly, certainly…

4 Likes

4 Likes

Nothing can possibly go wrong… :joy:

1 Like