FS2020 VR + Pimax Discussion

working fine here with 5k+ and rtx3090/10400f ( :rofl: )

Updated the Pitool but still not working. (2080Ti and Ryzen 2700x)

San Francisco quite heavy on the GPU with native 8KX resllution + PP + NormalFOV…

Still, its basically X-Plane11 performance - but 100 times better looking :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i got please wait message and mfs logo in steam vr , will not run

steam vr 1.15.4 beta

Wow this sim really needs DX12… 5950x single core bottlenecking.

Btw check out the VRAM usage!

2 Likes

Pitools 087v2, 2080Ti latest nvidia drivers… made the changes you suggested but no change… bview still 90° to the right and lenses covered at 80/90% by black square :frowning:

1 Like

I get 18fps with all settings to a minimum, pitool.75 and undersampling in msfs with a 1080TI :expressionless:

Try rebooting PC. Somewhere along my changes above it just fixed itself. Trying to figure out what was wrong…

1 Like

did that twice no change :frowning:

Let me keep investigating what was the issue. I will find it.

Btw, DFR/FFR doesn’t work as far as I can tell…

1 Like

same here. Still get the offset canted displays. I even reverted to the SteamVR non-beta but no affect.

Could it be in the steamvr settings?

Dont think so, didnt change anything in SteamVR. I use latest Beta btw

I just tried this, it’s amazing, once it started working. First time I tried it, I got the weird canted-view thing, but I restarted and tried again a couple times, and it eventually worked. Make sure you press spacebar, that recenters the view to fix the 90 degree issue; if it doesn’t, then you are in the messed-up state. Also, sometimes for me everything just hung for a few seconds, taking no input and making no render changes - I just had to wait that out.

I just used default settings and whatever I had setup in PiTool, which was Large FOV, Render Quality 1, FFR Balanced, nothing else (no parallel projections or smoothing or anything). Noticeable framerate issues because of that, but it was playable (I’ll play around with settings later to make it play better).

I’m using Pitool 1.0.2.086, Pimax 8K+, SteamVR 1.15.15

Two suggestions:
Chase cam is going to make people sick, don’t do it for long
The Icon-A plane has a very large windshield, it’s perfect for VR.

1 Like

Yeah it seems it fixes it self randomly after a few re-starts of FS2020. Makes no sense.

FFR? I cant get any FFR mode to work. Is yours working?

I’'m not totally sure FFR was working correctly, I saw weird things at the edges of my sight, but it was enabled for the last game I played, Medal of Honor. Unfortunately I had to stop playing, because I have to work :slight_smile:

The weird things on the edges might be the image culling issue (if Parallel Projection is not enabled). Unfortunately, FS2020 needs PP enabled to look properly.

Hi guys,
What to do to get FS working on the Pimax 8kx.
I get the message “no VR headset found” in game.

Do I have to import the game in Pi-tools ?

1 Like

I didn’t do anything special for my 8K+ - it uses SteamVR, so make sure you have that up and running

@dreamwriter, sorry but that does not work.

Disable the Vive Compatibility mode. It might cause issues.

1 Like