[Found a Workaround] USB Problems Are Really Bad Now

Well that’s interesting! Your site provides more detail and answers a question that I had: the fancy device is still limited to USB 2.0 transfer speeds. So you wouldn’t want to leave it connected to anything that needed the bandwidth.
I haven’t seen anything that does USB 3.0, anyone else? -not ‘USB C’, that’s covered in spades.

Of course, you probably don’t want to leave these devices plugged in, but I don’t feel that you’re going to get a realistic view of the power draw of a device attempting to transfer data at 3.0 speeds if you choke it down to 2.0 speeds.

2 Likes

Have you tried uninstalling USB drivers in steam?

2 Likes

Have you tried reinstalling your motherboard’s USB drivers? What motherboard btw? Vive was notoriously bad on Z170/H170 my friend had a system where he tried everything but couldn’t get Vive to run due to USB problems, ended up selling the PC and buying another with a different motherboard.

Actually it would run, it would just disconnect constantly and/or lose tracking constantly.

2 Likes

not in general, i had a z170 board with a vive for over 1,5 years and no problems with usb, must be more vendor specific

1 Like

Perhaps Pimax needs to look at which usb controllers work best aka Oculus who put up a list of recommended expansion cards. All usb not being equal.
I have a 3 sensor Rift setup and everything being hooked up to the mobo, I had to shuffle ports a bit to find the right combination.

1 Like

I have the latest updates, it’s an old one. Asus Z97-AR. BTW I fixed my issue by using the Vive LinkBox for USB passthrough since it’s basically a powered USB hub.

4 Likes

Yes. Fixed my issue by using the Vive LinkBox for a USB Passthrough.

2 Likes

Are you saying you plug the pimax usb into the vive linkbox usb, which plugs into your computer?

1 Like

Yep! I realized it’s basically a 1-port powered USB hub, which is probably why I never had a problem with my Vive. However, my Odyssey+ worked fine and that doesn’t use a link box.

2 Likes