Flat to VR Modders Discord

5 Likes

I’m a member there, looking forward to tomorrows (new years day) release of resident evil 2 & 3 vr mod which will be announced on there. The mod has motion controller support.

2 Likes

That will be sweet! Hoping we will also at some point see RE7 VR as it only released to psvr(though may have missed).

It would be good to start compiling a list of Games with Direct VR Mods for the Guide section.

2 Likes

Apparently res 7 and 8 support will be coming from Praydog. All the games using that engine.

2 Likes

Me too, I am beyond hyped.

2 Likes

Released now, looks like re7 & re8 are included too but are early versions:

2 Likes

just played 2 hours of RE2 looks crazy good on 8kx with small fov the gore and the zombies are so realistic i forgot when i played on flat 2 years ago but in vr they are sickening,crazy what a single moder could do.

4 Likes

Looks great graphically. Its a little jarring sometimes when it forces the view in cutscenes, could’ve done with zooming out like what some other mods do. But what an achievement.

2 Likes

I just test it RE 2 on my pimax 8XK and for me is umplayable.

It needs PP on, ane with it the performances drops las i had never seen. Also it doesn’t matter if you use less graphics options

Without PP, the game runs pretty well, but of course, you see double image.

On the other hand, the mod looks great, like a native game, it has real 3d, not like luke ross mod. It is amazing the moders works

windows 11, 2080ti, 12600k,

3 Likes

Did u try it on Small or Potato fov? It (re3) runs ok for me (win 10/i7 7700k/3080ti/32GB).

1 Like

Only small fov

Do you not need PP?

1 Like

Yes still need pp. On potato isnt too bad, its quest 2 fov.

1 Like

what steam resolution do you use?

1 Like

Steam ss is 100% and 1 quality in pitool, Small fov, i’m unsure of the actual steam resolution numbers.

1 Like

what graphic settings do u use ingame?

1 Like

medium high,smaa,fsr 0.77 mod,screen space relfection off because for some reason it gives some ghosting on pimax 8kx.

2 Likes

Not sure what you mean by this. Luke Ross mods are Geometry 3d

Maybe your talking about AER ( Alternate Eye Rendering) which Luke has to do with that engine

I know that RE mods don’t do that which should help with regards to smoothness.

A little larger than quest 2 actually

2 Likes

@drowhunter Yes, correct i was wrong and i wanted to refer about the rendering method to get the 3d

Edit,

there is a bug, i don’t know if only affect to pimax. I have played again with de same settings and the game ran at 90 frames, but when charged a new screen (from fuel station to city/police station) the crap performance came back again

I closed the game and steamvr and open them again, and the game ran at 90 frames without problem

2 Likes

I already believe what happened. i have closed msi afterbuner/rivatuner and the problem has gone

1 Like

There is another thread now for the RE VR Mods, but an update was released about 4 hours that removes the requirement for parallel projections. I haven’t tested it myself, I presume it’s for all of the titles.

Other recommendation I can make would be to use a small FOV (it’s what I use for intensive games).

3 Likes