(Fixed) 3090 - 8KX panels off in 90 Hz mode investigation + working DP extension cable options (3/4/5m)

That’s not the newest one. As You can tell from the date part this is actually from 2021-05-28.

Newest one of from 2021-06-17 as far as I remember.

EDIT: Jup, it’s filename is: P2_RELEASE_8KX_M298_t20210617121732_r2fc82b7.dfu

That’s the one I’m on which made me go from black panels at all times in 90 Hz mode to perfectly working 90 Hz mode.

@Douglaster: They all show as .298 in PiTool so that won’t tell You much… :wink:

9 Likes

I’m wondering if there is any hope for 90Hz on a 2080 (non-Ti). That sure would be nice.

4 Likes

Is there a link to that dfu? Its still the old one on the web page…

2 Likes

No. It’s not public yet.

3 Likes

Hope it will be public soon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sounds like it’s close… :+1::wink:

3 Likes

NOW Please!
My TiRex is waiting for food. xD

@MReis der Erste, der sie bekommt, schickt sie dem Anderen, ok?
Aber pssst, nicht weitersagen. xD

3 Likes

Yeah the Apr Open Beta didn’t work out unless you had an Amd gpu it seems.

@dstar agreed as this Alpha 298 is reported to work vs the original m298 beta released in Apr did not.

4 Likes

Hi, it is possible to get an answer from Pimax about the status and release date of the new firmware supporting 90hz with the latest Nvidia drivers? According to this forum it’s been waiting developers approval for months.
If it’s only an "approval " what is pending, would it be possible to release a pre release, a beta, extend the alpha invitations or allow in any way to have the current build as is?
After having used and enjoyed the previous 90hz beta A LOT, the 75hz is suddenly not as impressive and fluid as before, the latest nvidia drivers are needed for fame compatibility, so bottom line no VR for me until I can get my hands on this “alpha” so I have been checking daily this forums for a this time and it’sbeena while… , if you can provide any updated status it would already be great.
It isn’t clear why the latest pitool official release in pimax website, the release notes reads “5.Syncronized the 90Hz Pitool and Nvidia drivers for compatibility” , what does this sentence mean and users of what hardware was it meant for?

As long as the alpha doesn’t cause any irreversible hardware failures and has a chance to work in a 3090 with 8kx, don’t keep holding your customers literally in the dark any longer, without neither a firmware or a release date. Thank you.

3 Likes

I bet it’s something with Display Stream Compression (DSC) being implemented in the Pimax driver/software stack WITH the help of Nvidia.

So they must wait for Nvidia beta drivers and then test it thoroughly before releasing it to us. That’s why it takes time.

Hopefully it will provides us with a stable release !

5 Likes

Yes I believe they’ve replicated the issue internally and found that at 90hz whenever there’s any little interference to the cable or a spike, it blacks out or flashes.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.