(Fixed) 3090 - 8KX panels off in 90 Hz mode investigation + working DP extension cable options (3/4/5m)

I have that one - but do not use cable extensions - just an optical cable.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the one Iā€™m using, with extensions as mentioned above.

2 Likes

yes i have that one,i dont use any cable extension.i am using still the orginal cable by the wayā€¦

4 Likes

I dont have optical cable. Maybe thatā€™s why my expirence so far is not perfect with this firmware

3 Likes

I know but right now Iā€™m not sure if I want to invest that munch in extensions againā€¦ Waiting for official build and will decide later.

4 Likes

the alpha firmware work perfectly with my rtx3090 in 90hz and the new nvidia driver 471.11

great pimax

1 Like

Is this alpha firmware working with RTX 2000 cards ??

1 Like

2080Tis and Titan Xps have reportedly had 90Hz working even on 298, but needed old drivers. 3090s had the same problem on 298 tho, so 100% 2080Tis and Titan Xps will have 90Hz working on 471.11 driver now. They havent behaved differently than the 3000s, so why should they now

2 Likes

17 testers from here on openmr have the alpha firmware in the last 2 weeks, 5 of them have the latest build. 6 testers here also have the DMAS. On the firmware we are now down to 0 people who have issues with it. Probably wonā€™t be long now before we move it to an open beta.

11 Likes

Yes @TrevorVR has tested on a 2080ti at least.

3 Likes

Eureka ! Itā€™s working now :slight_smile: Flashed alpha firmware once again but this time Iā€™ve changed DP connection between HMD and my new RTX 3080ti Palit GameRock Oc card. Apparently, in my GFX card DP nr. 3 has the strongest signal becouse now itā€™s working with Club3d 8k60hz 2m extension cable. No issues like before - sparks and blinking . This firmware is great. Whatā€™s an amazing HMD ! Kudos to the Pimax dev team !

7 Likes

Ahemā€¦

After some years i finally got myself a 8k-X

Can i test the alpha firmware too please ?

3 Likes

Same, iā€™ll test the alpha if i can get my hands on it. @PimaxUSA

3 Likes

I would like to test the alpha too.

3 Likes

Can anyone please confirm the number/code of the alpha ?

Maybe iā€™m already on it without knowing, as i have the option but it donā€™t work.

3 Likes

the alpha is only open to a select few members (17 i mean) who report to pimax on it.

2 Likes

Correct - if you request it, theyll give it to you but you need to give feedback to them

2 Likes

I donā€™t know if thereā€™s other versions as well (in circulation) but Iā€™ve tested this and it works with nvidia 2xxx series 90hz:

P2_RELEASE_8KX_M298_t20210528185255_r1cb2901.dfu

5 Likes

I have a RTX 2080 (not Ti), Do you know if this beta firmware works with this GPU ???

2 Likes

hmm

Mine is as show:

Althought i canā€™t really reach 90fps in modern titles, in games like Luckyā€™s tale is nice to have the aditional hz.

3 Likes