Fallout 4 vr and pimax 8k ,well that was awesome thanks team pimax

Just finished advictorum on fallout 4 and as far as my experiences on vive ,vive pro ,and mixed reality headsets by far my recent experiences with my 8k unit have been the best by far and would like to say thanks

20 Likes

Now go play Lone Echo and Senua hellblade !

5 Likes

I’ve not played any rift games yet ,but to be honest still got far harbor and nuka world to get through ,not heard of sesuna hellblade?

Edit its been a while yes sesuna ,s sacrifice as i knew it ,
i tried this on 8k a while back but didnt work has it been fixed?

1 Like

Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice. Senua, not Sesuna or you’ll never find it. :rofl:

4 Likes

Yer im sick at mo ,i’ve got this game played it on vive pro ,tried it on the 8k but didn’t work there was some issue with it lots of people couldn’t play it ,haven’t tried again since

1 Like

Res plus FOV and some brainwarp black magic and the 5k+ is the best way to play Fallout 4 VR (even with my IPD issues)

6 Likes

Yes her name is difficult to remember :stuck_out_tongue:

It is an awesome game and runs just fine. Pitool at 1.0 PP on Normal FOV (you can switch to large FOV after entering the game). I have beat the game this way.

The same applies to Lone Echo.

4 Likes

Try it with FOV “small”.

1 Like

Will it support gamepad play ???
Please and thx.

1 Like

What are your settings?

I played through the whole of senuas sacrifice (made just down the road from me!) on the 5k+ even at large FOV towards the end. Had my first HOLY S%$£%£$% moment playing it when just for a moment it was in perfect clarity. Its a great VR game even though it clearly wasn’t designed for it. Some aspect, the ambience, audio, the slow pace are excellent

4 Likes

I currently run fallout with pi tool 1.5 steam on auto setting but application setting at 140% normal fov brightness on low but wish it would go lower or i could change the contrast as full day time can cause some serious anti alias issues amongst trees far away
i also have darker night mod and weather mod and enhanced graphics mod from vortex ,simply amazing now and i got to say the colors are fantastic i know a lot of people say oled are better but from what i’ve seen so far i can only say (for why?)

4 Likes

How do you guys like motion smoothing so much? In non roomscale games it’s glld, but in games where you use controllers it’s REALLY bad for me…I don’t like it. Is it cause I’m using 72 hz mode and motion smoothing doesn’t work well with that or…? I have a 5k+ and 2080 ti

1 Like

one thing i found about fallout vr is that i really do not like using rifles with the vive wands.

it feels totally awful. pistols seem ok but any two handed gun feels like having a blow up balloon gun on the end of a stick.

was playing borderlands2 with aim on psvr last night and that was umm… ok i supppose, far better than the move controllers.

think i will stick to cockpit games on pimax :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, tried it with the Arizona sunshine and yeah, no.
Just best to get the real framerate up.

2 Likes

unfortunately no ))))))))

Whaat, Satsuma only works with the gamepad :lying_face:

vive wands are over priced and goofy design for controllers regardless. Wish Pimax supported Rift controllers.

2 Likes

i really love fallout too with the 8k! I never expected i could play it as i struggled with performance with my wmr headset, do you have links of the mods you use?
I use NAC, a lot of settings, colors, saturation, gamma, contrast etc… and Weathers.

It works fine without artifacts on 80hz on the 8k, below 72hz etc. there is a weird artifect in the middle of the screen when turning, and blue lines on the sides

1 Like