F1 22 VR Support Confirmed!

Codemasters® and Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA) today announced the worldwide launch of EA SPORTS F1® 22 on Friday, July 1 ushering in a new era of Formula 1®.

Take your seat for a new season as redesigned cars and overhauled rules redefine race day, test your skills around the new Miami International Autodrome, and get a taste of the glitz and glamor of Formula 1® in F1® Life.

VR SUPPORT:

Will have full VR support on PC when it launches in a few months’ time. — Get the ultimate immersive F1® experience with virtual reality compatibility on PC that lets you feel the drama of the race from right inside the cockpit

Race the stunning, new cars of the Formula 1® 2022 season with the authentic lineup of all 20 drivers and 10 teams, and take control of your race experience with new immersive or cinematic race sequences. Create a team and take them to the front of the grid with new depth in the acclaimed My Team career mode, race head-to-head in split-screen or multiplayer, or change the pace by taking supercars from some of the sport’s biggest names to the track.

New Season, New Rules — Race a new era of Formula 1® cars in F1® 22.
Race Day, Redefined — Take control of your virtual F1® experience with immersive and cinematic Pit Stops, Formation Laps, and more.
F1® Life — Get a taste of the glitz and glamour of Formula 1®.

RELEASE DATE

F1® 22 will release July 1st, 2022 on PlayStation®4, PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC via the EA App, Origin, Steam, and Epic Store but you can start racing three days earlier from June 28th, 2022 if you pre-order the F1® 22 Champions Edition.

F1® 22 is available to pre-order now, with a special Miami-themed content pack featuring livery, suit, helmet, gloves, a cap, t-shirt and wall art designed by a local artist, when you pre-order the game before May 16th.

The F1® 22 Champions Edition also gets you on the track early with three days early access meaning you can play starting June 28th, plus get F1® 22 New Era content, an F1® Life Starter Pack, new My Team Icons, and 18,000 PitCoin.

Will you be picking up F1 22 with VR support?
Share your thoughts in the comments below!

7 Likes

if the experience in vr is good on the pimax i will definatly buy this game.
i played f1 2020 with vorpx and i was so much faster driving in vr but it really sucked because you had to dial all the graphics down for it to work properly

1 Like

Will I buy this? Don’t have enough info to tell yet, if the VR implementation is enough to draw me in.
For the amount and type of F1 driving I do. I will likely pass having enough access to F1 with in Assetto Corsa to scratch that itch.

1 Like

Yes, finally… :+1::partying_face::tada::balloon:

2 Likes

Hope to perform well

I’m surprised it worked at all.

I’ve had zero luck getting codemasters game to hook in Vorpx at all.

1 Like

First time in history we wont have to see the obligatory “NO VR = NO BUY” thread under Steam Discussions.

1 Like

Even the mainstream is covering this for some reason. :man_shrugging:

I will buy and test it out for a couple hours and if I don’t like what I see, will refund for sure. Nothing can beat Automobilista 2 in VR imo.

4 Likes

but doesn’t f122 offer something more as a fan of F1 than ams2 considering its a dedicated F1 game?

Kind of how no game can replace Dirt Rally when it comes to rallying.

Anyway either way I hope it has a good implementation of VR and hope it sells well. For years they were slammed with “No VR no Buy”

it would stick if they finally bucked the trend only for all the VR guys not to buy it.

Maybe the next WRC game can finally become a Legit sim and follow suit.

Hell even Grid and Dirt 6 even Forza and NFS should add it.

Hell even Mario Kart I just don’t GAF. :rofl:

1 Like

Dirt Rally 2 did :grinning:

2 Likes

Hmm, for times bought it, downloaded the hundreds of gigabytes but never started it… Maybe I should it… :see_no_evil: :joy:

1 Like

If anyone can do a good job it should be Codemasters. While not always my go to for certain times of racing they have the pedigree and years of experience.

DR1 was a great successor to Richard Burns and was best we had for rally for years. While the VR implementation in DR2 is a little fugly graphically in places, it has ffb and physics that are as close to RL as we have come thus far.
It will be how well they do the f1 VR graphics that likely separates the men from the boys.

As one who has never driven a F1 car in RL and do not expect I ever will, my attempt to duplicate some sense of what it would be like started when Williams worked with IRacing to duplicate their car. When my lack of commitment to league racing moved me away from subscription racing, I managed to near duplicate the feel Williams gave us in IRacing with the FW31 by VRC in Assetto Corsa. How close these cars are to RL I’ll never know, but they’re real close to each other as far as I can tell.

1 Like

What make AMS2 unique that other racing games don’t have is the FFB and physics. It drives and react like a real car in VR. All the bumping, crashing, grinding, turning, weight shifting are just what you would expect when you drive a real car. I don’t get this from Pcars, ACC. So, I would not be surprise if F1 22 aren’t much of a difference since they’re coming from the same creators from Pcars.

1 Like

That’s a matter of preference.

Personally, I find iracing’s physics most convinving and love the FFB on ACC.

4 Likes

Not a fan of Codemaster phisic but 100% F1 game + VR + montion = dream comes true

2 Likes

What about rocket league VR would be awesome :face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:
:rofl:

3 Likes

Some VR Gameplay:

3 Likes

Looks nice and clean. That and the apparent scale could be exciting. To be fair, until we see through the lens it isn’t a VR video :smiley:

2 Likes

If the VR implementation is at least as good as it was in their rally game, its a for sure buy for me. Ya, other games will likely have better physics and the like, but I’d prefer something that has all the current F1 tracks in one easy package (so no iracing or ACC due to cost or complexity). I can play those games when I want realism, but really I just want a basic f1 experience that lets me learn a track prior to a race weekend and that looks good in VR.

I’m guessing we will still likely have to use parallel projection, but it’ll be interesting to see how much we can get the resolution up in f1 2022, given that past F1 games have been desinged with consoles in mind and so high framerates on PC seems to be easier to achieve than with other games that were PC centric in their development.

1 Like