Eyestrain discussion / Problems and Solutions

Then I guess you won’t be able to get the pic clear in both eyes as it seems the discrepancy between the nominal IPD and clear in the both eyes shot settings is >4mm.

2 Likes

The deluxe strap is already confirmed as a backer reward. IIRC they plan on showing their prototype soon.

1 Like

You mean Pimax lied and this hmd does not even support average human IPD of 64mm? It is no use below 66 ipd?

This is what I was trying to tell people all week long as well.

This issue is more and more important than any other flaw of Pimax. Distortion is bearable, already got better, drivers had huge boost but still lots of progress to be made, everything about controllers and promised stretch goals may not even reach us.

However, producing a VR hmd that only support 67 and above IPD is unacceptable!

Pimax need to clarify (I am sure they are already aware of this problem clearly) their solution to this!

Anyone reading this and considering preordering BEWARE!

3 Likes

No. I was commenting on @Possyguset specific challenge. In my reply just one above I also wrote that correct IPD does not equal to having the image clear in both eyes and this exercise cannot be used to find it out.

3 Likes

All right! Thanks. IPD is the biggest concern of this headset. Looks like it gives eyestrain to even average human IPD of 64 at its lowest 59.7 reported. This should urgently be solved by Pimax either with a software upgrade like sliders or send new lenses to all backers and preordered people!

4 Likes

The problem resides in some with low ipd are having issues & others are not having this issue.

There are a wide number of variables including inconsistant manufacturing. To general biological variance or a combination of the 2.

1 Like

My ipd is 64, i also can’t get the lenses close enough together to give me a clear image in both eyes, i have to shift the unit left to see clear in my right eye and then back to the right to get my left eye clear causing the right eye to go blurry.

2 Likes

66 and below is not low IPD!

If Pimax can’t manufacture a couple of thousands of HMD standard enough, what do you suggest for people who wants/consider to preorder it?

In my opinion they should beware of doing this big mistake till Pimax really accept the flaw of their hmd.

This is almost the most expensive hmd after Vive Pro on Earth as of now right?

Pimax had promised manufacturing will not be a problem at all right?

So?

My Pimax 5k+ have the same IPD eyestrain problem as my friend’s 5k+, and as like many others all over the pimax forums and reddit, and youtube (watch the latest youtuber Tyrell’s Pimax review from youtube for more assurance if you really need more).

Aside from a few hundred pledgers at the begining most preordered and pledgers version is P2 is the same hmd. Some just have problems like headphone jack not working, dead pixels, cable problems and etc. However Lens spacing and HMD design are same…

It is clear this is a design flow. This hmd is unable to properly support IPD below 66 which is already above average 64mm human eye! This is a fact!

Pimax need to address this issue asap!

2 Likes

You missed the boat. There are users under ipd of 64 that are not having ipd setup issues.

So biological variance &/or manufacturing variances (not tight enough QA).

As @spamenigma had received 2 headsets with different min ipd settings. So QA is likely is part of the problem. But the QA side of this yes needs to be addressed.

But low ipd is not 100% accross the board.

What boat? It just sank! :slight_smile:

Nothing is missed, either they are not aware of this problem as they are so excited because they paid a fortune for pimax, waited more than a year to receive it, or they are just some new Pimax fanboys who are trolling.

Check reddit, check youtube! There are hundreds of hundreds complains about IPD issue!

Pls be and act as a moderator, we don’t need a Pimax version of Heaney555 and his multiple accounts as I fought with him on reddit, and even he was speechless and escaped many times.

You just need to inform honestly, bravely about this problem to Pimax.

It is not low, lets correct it, wrong IPD, and not able to support average IPD is the biggest problem of Pimax!

Should be urgently addresed!

At the upcoming days I will provide more and more info about this issue on youtube/reddit/pimax forums with sound evidence.

4 Likes

Who’s being a heaney666? Fact is how many of the Reddit/youtube etc are the same ppl. Take 3 different sources of 100 ppl & you may still only have a total of 100 complaints.

That is a simple truth. We need all folks in 1 place to have accurate info. Otherwise you habe 2 out of 3 ppl prefer coke over pepsi & 2 out of 3 ppl prefer coke.

So yes adding complaints as 1 total between 3 sources is useless without knowing how many are the same ppl on each social platform.

Now that sounds like Heaney666 method of researching proof. You need folks in 1 platform to avoid overlapping reports by the same ppl being counted more than once.

1 Like

It is not Heaney666, it is Heaney555. Everyone who has a Rift and a Reddit account knows him. He is a phenomenal Oculus troll!

Check it out sometime…

1 Like

Have heard of him but think the 3x6 fits just as well lol. What was shocking was to find he is employed by uploadvr. :joy:

2 Likes

Social media is not 1 platform. Disagree! This maybe be the home of Pimax, but people will share their opinions everywhere possible…

Now your getting it.

Bob posts on youtube, reddit & pimax forum does not equal 3 complaints. Only 1.

So a 100 posts these 3 might only represent 100 complaints.

Hence why complaints need to be in 1 platform not spread over multiples.

1 Like

That’s not an IPD problem per se.

The problem is that the Pimax headset assumes that your eyes are equidistant from the center of your nose. Most people’s faces have a little asymmetry, but others have more. It sounds like Pimax needs to modify the headset to have 2 adjustment wheels, so that each lens can be positioned independently.

Another possibility is asymmetric nose inserts (which might be a stopgap fix), so that the headset can be positioned closer to one eye than the other.

9 Likes

Such an irony right? Ok don’t take me wrong… I was the one who always supported Pimax against all those trolls, however I am not a fanboy of anything. Just a guy who enjoys VR.

Lets accept this, IPD is problematic on Pimax whether low, normal, etc… this should be addressed by Pimax.

They were brave enough to introduce us Pimax 8k, than 5k+, there has been tremendous improvement.

However, IPD is important. The most importan, crucial factor in VR arena.

Help us to make Pimax hear this issue!

3 Likes

Then also understand you can’t add youtube+reddit+pimax forum & obtain a valid result good or bad.

Why not? Of course I would. I am just telling the truth.

I always point out people over other platforms to come here and comment on Pimax forums as well.

We live in 21st century, VR times… :wink:

2 Likes