Eye Tracking Software Fix

You did not switch the resolution as instructed in the instructions.
It should say default next to that resolution and it will switch to 120

2 Likes

guppyexpress & DrWilken >> Thank you for your help.
It started working at 120hz.
Good DFR response speed and drawing results! :grinning:

3 Likes

you are very welcome!
i hope that my custom firmware fix for the eyetracking helped you :smiley:

2 Likes

You are the first to say something positive like this.

Can you link me to the guide you followed?

Did You check the title of the threadā€¦? :rofl:

Go to first postā€¦ :upside_down_face:

Oh, and I was actually also positive (way back when I received the module) and even mentioned being able to use 120Hz with the included cable.

EDIT: Actually, I found the post about 120Hz and You liked itā€¦ :joy:

https://community.openmr.ai/t/eyetracking-module-woes/34573/19?u=drwilken

1 Like

Lol thereā€™s so much negative about the eye tracking I forget that there are something good from time to time.

I have not yet had a good experience with it so Iā€™m trying one last time before ripping it out for good.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve had good experiences with it, but I doesnā€™t work with the titles that need it the most (not Pimax fault) and I found the glare it added annoying, so it actually took me a while before I installed it on my replacement 8KX after getting it replaced recentlyā€¦ :wink:

This thread was actually what made me want to revisitā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

I think it works fine when properly configured, but nothing jaw droppingā€¦ :wink:

If it works in Your favourite game, I think itā€™s worth the hassle.

5 Likes

Hello,

Thank you for all your work on timproving tge eye tracker. I have two ETs. Can we have the serial numbers (up to) of the ones that are before the revision?

Kind Regards,
Pat

Hello Pat!

I will not be providing the serial number publicly to non Pimax staff. this is because the serial number is kinda a private thing. there were several revisions along the lines of the eye tracker. for a while back in 2020 and some of 2021 the eye tracker was temporarily discontinued. this is where the biggest revision took place. whichever eye tracker was purchased after that date is most likely to work with this fix. the older ones will still work, but not be as accurate as the newer ones.

2 Likes

For Everyone who would like to develop for the DroolonPi1

here is a website documentation I have set up to better help others with developing programs for the Droolon Pi1

(the website link to the online non source code documentation is in the readme file on the bottom)

I hope everyone here enjoys!

5 Likes

Hey anybody know what the FOV of the tracking on the Droolon Pi1 is? So I can now what angle maximum left / maximum up etc is?

1 Like

Hello FynnKitty!
the fov with the latest revision of the eye tracker is slightly larger than the artisanā€™s widest fov

1 Like

For everyone who plays Neos VR
here is a mod to allow you to use the eye tracker in NeosVR.
speaking of eye tracker, there is a certain update im working on that will make it on par if not better than Tobii, will post later when completed.

4 Likes

For Everyone who was wondering about a comparison.

this is what it looks like in vrchat with an unfinished eye tracking mod that doesnt have smoothing or multithreading
this is a great comparison to what it used to look like!

8 Likes

Got any pointers for getting the VRCPimaxEyeTracker mod working on an avatar? for me it doesnt seem to actually get values. The eyes lock to the neutral position and the automated blinking stops, but the eye tracker doesnt take over.

Log says stream 4096 and Eye Tracker started etc

2 Likes

Hello! That mod is currently broken
I have partnered with someone to develop a newer mod for it. At the moment that is only in beta testing, it is still having some problems. Once it is finalized I will announce it on this thread.
If you would like the current most stable build.
Shoot me a dm on discord @ guppyexpress#0001

:smiley:

4 Likes

Thank you so much! Friend requested because you dont have random PMs allowed ^^

3 Likes

Does it work with Automobilista 2? Itā€™s the only game I spend most time on. If not, no reason for me to look into this.

1 Like

Hello reptilexcq,

have you tried FFR on Automobilista 2?

if FFR works, then DFR will work on that game with the eye tracking

I havenā€™t even opened it. Thatā€™s why I ask to see if anyone may have tried it.