Eye Tracking Software Fix

How reliable is the tracking with your firmware? I removed my eye tracker because it was way too unrealiable and borederline unusable as the values it would return would be so erratic I took it out in favour of using the facial tracker.

Will it produce better results than(ignore the values as it needs to be fixed by the mod creator): Y4bzJCg9MB GIF | Gfycat

oh a TON better, as this makes the ET work almost flawlessly

4 Likes

I assume the grey face cushion thing is the 14/15mm version? I have the black one that came with the KDMAS and that gives me the best FOV. Is using the grey one a requirement? I really donā€™t want to lose more FOV.

2 Likes

you do not have to, but it does work best if you do. but also it all depends on the userā€™s face shape. so i guess you can try both :smiley:

2 Likes

OMG - there has been a revision ā€¦

I was one of them suckers who kept pressing F5 until I could pre-order one from the second batch of 100 eye trackers.

@SweViver will it work decently with the official Pimax software and firmware?

1 Like

is the eyetracking working in ACC ?

1 Like

I believe so, I do not have ACC so I havenā€™t tested it

2 Likes

I tried to go on github to get the files but they keep sending me a code to get into github thru my email but it never comes. Is there another way to get the files.

Hello! I will put them in a google drive folder for you to download tomorrow and I will direct message it to you! Sorry for the late response I was quite busy.
Have a great day

1 Like

Hey Iā€™m just happy you replied to me and I thank you

2 Likes

Hello Phillybump!

here is the google drive folder with it for you :smiley:
i am happy to respond as i would like to help as many people as possible get their eye tracking working

4 Likes

please post somebody results if you already tried it. is it better? or your ET module is early revision and works worse than opā€™s?

2 Likes

a few people have already commented that, including user @Omniwhatever who says it vastly benefited them.

3 Likes

Wow, I never thought of that. whats the point of DFR if the physical lense isnt sharp away from center anyway. FFR would be more or less the same thing.

I was looking for an excuse to remove this eye warmer from the 8KX. I give up.

The only use I can think of for the eye tracker, when it is supported by software, is letting other ppl know where you are looking at.

2 Likes

There is dynamic foviated rendering.
In which what you are not currently looking at has a lower resolution than what you are looking at, this provides upwards of 30% performance increase!

1 Like

Games like the Forest benefit over 50%. Skyrim benefits like 37%.

1 Like

I am an early purchaser of Droolon P1.
In previous tests the calibration didnā€™t work at all.

I updated the firmware according to the procedure.
Now itā€™s still running at 60 FPS, but at least the calibration was successful and I started doing eye tracking.

4 Likes

Yes we understand how this works, and this performance increase can be had without using the eye tracker as well. So the real benefit is the dynamic part, which is unfortunately let down by the small sweet spot of the lens where itā€™s only clear when looking almost only straight ahead. Just try it with this in mind and you will notice that it really doesnā€™t do anything beneficial, since you are treated to a blurry image when you look around.

I appreciate your fix though, but sometimes the only way to save it is going back to the drawing board, in the next iliteration. I hope the 12k will have this ironed out.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/new-pitool-v1-0-1-268-and-new-firmware-v2-1-255-296/34512/60?u=drwilken

120Hz is not possible in 320x480 for me either, but it is in 320x240.

1 Like