Eye Tracking Software Fix

Have you tried FFR? Doesn’t require ET. If that works then DFR should work.

Sorry, how do you access FFR without Eye Tracking?

1 Like

If you have an RTX Nvidia card FFR option will be available in pitool. So RTX 2000 series or rtx 3000 series cards.

FFR does not require ET.

If your using a GTX card or Amd FFR is not available.

1 Like

I tried it, it doesn’t do anything. It has no effect. How do you know if it work?

It will depend on the title. Try agressive it may look pixelated.

If so reduce from aggressive. I inly have a gtx card si might need someine like @MikeJeffries @Ludiks to weigh in

1 Like

I turned off FFR when i tried it. Youre better off just lowering the FOV than having that blurriness on the edges. It makes no sense to use it FOR ME.

1 Like

I am not feeling anything…it looks normal to me. I tried aggressive, passive…it has no effect. I thought you’re supposed to use Eye Tracking to see if it work? I even tried it on PE and BigScreen and they have no effect.

u must restart the vr application in order to see anything. example would be if you are playing beatsaber home and you want to enable FFR you must enable it in Pitool, apply and save. then exit beatsaber. then re launch beatsaber
it will be visible

2 Likes

the blurriness is a lower resolution to help increase frame rate. but since you do not have the eye tracking you would use FFR also known as Fixed Foviated Rendering. which means the fuzziness if fixed to the side of the visuals and gets quite annoying.
with the eye tracking it uses DFR also known as Dynamic Foviated Rendering. in this way it follows the eye movement so that you do not see the fuzziness on the edges as the human eye naturally does this on its own for peripheral vision, but the computer can not replicate that without eye tracking to provide the data on where your eye is looking. naturally the human eye has a small circle that is actually the most in focus, and the farther from that focus point the fuzzier it gets. Dynamic Foviated Rendering causes this to happen to VR to help better your frame rate. But because you do not have the eye tracking you can only use Fixed Foviated Rendering, so that the fuzziness is only on the side and can not naturally move and mimic your real life eye movement.

2 Likes

I’m an AutoMobilista2 player. FFR and DFR do not work.

FFR(DFR)not working
AutoMobilista2
EuroTruckSimulator2
iRacing
MSFS2020

FFR(DFR)working
AssettoCorsa
AssettoCorsaCompetizione
DCS
KartKraft
No Man’s Sky
VirtualDeskTop

3 Likes

Okay, thanks for that info. Now I can put my ET on the shelf.

Update: it was already on the shelf lol.

1 Like

Never tried FFR yet since I only used GTX series also.
Until gpu prices drop, which is not tomorrow unfortunately. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

I also located where I threw the box and recently shelved it. Never got it to work once and all the unit did was warm my eyeballs and cause reflections.

Waste of $$

Have you tried the FFR with that openvr_fsr mod? Apparently it works on all cards

2 Likes

This is a partial list of games that *should benefit from DFR (some of them we tested and the percentage gain from DFR is shown in parenthesis. For the record MSFS2020 and Elite Dangerous do not benefit from it at this time.

No doubt many more benefit as well.

No Man’s Sky
Skyrim VR (+36%)
Half Life Alyx (+21%)
Battlewake
Raw Data
Boneworks
Rec Room
DCS
Budget Cuts 2: Mission Insolvency
Rick & Morty: Virtual Rick-ality
Doctor Who: The Edge of Time
Robo Recall
Eternity Warriors VR
Sairento VR
Virtual Desktop
Hot Dogs, Horeshoes, & Hand Grenades
Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope
In Death
Skeet: VR Target Shooting
Job Simulator
The Forest (+47%)
Sniper Elite VR
Killing Floor: Incursion
Space Pirate Trainer
L.A. Noire VR
KartKraft
Fallout 4
Special Force VR: Infinity War
Zero Caliber (+27%)
Lone Echo
Doom VR
The Lab
Assetto Corsa
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Spiderman Far From Home
Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond
Spiderman Homecoming VR
Mercenary 2: Silicon Rising
Talos Principle VR
Onward VR
The Soulkeeper VR
Pavlov VR
The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners (+17%)
PokerStars VR
VRChat

6 Likes

Didn’t know about this, I shall give it a try when I have a chance thank you :+1:

2 Likes

VRChat should be taken off of the list. It indeed supports FFR, but that doesnt mean DFR works. DFR in VRChat has the coordinates inverted meaning if you dont look straight it will actually render the sharp parts away from where you are looking.

3 Likes

You have tried the eye tracking with VRChat and your result is from personal testing?

1 Like

exactly and its an engine bug. I have a mod that transfers my eye movements into the games avatar system and my avatar is looking in the right directions, so the data is valid and not miscalibrated, the Unity engine VRChat seems to use just has inverted coordinates for DFR

Edit: A good world to test is ShaderFes 2021, it is increadibly buggy with FFR and will just stop rendering most effects and objects outside the native res area, that way you can easily see where the high-res circle is positioned

2 Likes

DFR works in vrchat for me

1 Like

Firmware and PiTool version? Also did you check with stuff like ShaderFes or how did you verify it works fine?

1 Like