Eye Tracking Fix Update:

I Think The FFR from @fholger and @mbucchia are both using the VRS, which I think is Nvidia-specific. I feel like I’ve seen modest FPS improvements just by rendering the very edges at lower resolution. Fholger with DCS. Like 5-10% gains. Similar in MSFS2020 with OpenXR toolkit. When I crank the FFR up and even cull edges the gains dont go up that much more. Interesting.

This is getting off topic of what OP talked about. I will reply on here:

https://community.openmr.ai/t/fs2020-vr-pimax-discussion/34022/852

I dont but I think he has a software simulator

Who is “He”? What do you mean?

mbuccia has a software simulator or a method to see how it should look on wideFOV Pimax…don’t you? I thought I saw one of your post suggesting you did. Perhaps it was Luke Ross…sorry I may have crossed conversations.

Yes but this is not related to the current eye tracking discussion. I was asking if there is a way to simulate eye tracking input without having the eye tracker module.

2 Likes

@guppyexpress may have some ideas with his experience fixing @7invensun-JC 's module.

1 Like

Oh, @Heliosurge is this covered under warrany? Or
did he just invalidate his 12K trade in ?

Im not sure the rules seem to change daily.

1 Like

That is an add on part of the comfort kit & thus not part if the main headset.

Remember KS and early pimax hmds only had the cloth Strap. Comfort kit and MAS on these headsets are add ons.

1 Like

Good work, I unretired the ET module to try this and my eyeballs don’t fry anymore

tracking seems to calibrate. Its pretty sloppy but at least it kind of works

Now if @mbucchia can integrate into OpenXR Toolkit. :grinning:

Does OpenXR support a common api for Eyetracking? Cant wait for this to become standard.

Also, is there any word on when VRPerfkit will add DFR?

2 Likes

Yes but the Pimax eye tracker does not support it. Otherwise we’d be able to offer you DFR today without efforts.

Instead, we need to integrate their specific API (which we did for the G2 Omnicept, and it was very easy). The main issue I have today for this is the lack of a simulator software. So I’m going to have to rely on back an forth with testers instead (like we did for the Aero).

I think at this point we’re going to wait for the OpenXR Toolkit with DFR to release on other platforms (Aero, G2 Omnicept) and then after that we will try to support Pimax).

For those interested in helping, please join our Discord, channel #pimax-technical.

2 Likes

Vrperfkit is working on DFR?

shoot me a dm and ill send u documentation for aSeeVR @mbucchia if you want

2 Likes

Thanks! I was looking at your RAR file earlier and it seemed to have doc, but let me know if you have more.

I was also thinking of being lazy and grabbing this wrapper instead since all care about for now is the most recent value, so I could poll this very simple API:

Do you have any recommendations for testing without a device? Any way to fake the server and/or eye input.

1 Like

Oh man, I wish Pimax was on the ball with this. Oculus is going full OpenXR by august, Pimax what’s up?

2 Likes

This aSeeVR SDK looks pretty easy to use though, so I’m hoping this will be as easy as it was for the G2 Omnicept (about 3 hours of work).

3 Likes

I’m just gonna say it here maybe it will get a reponse.

@PimaxUSA @hammerhead_gal

Get this man an eye tracking unit and hmd pronto, even if on loan.

5 Likes

@guppyexpress I wrote some code and gave it to @coverman to try out.

I ended up using the aSeeVR SDK directly, not with wrapper. I followed the code in the MFC demo included in the SDK.

The code appears to propery connect to the service, get the coefficients, and get the eye data callback periodically.

However all the data extracted from the aSeeVREyeData is all 0…

[OXRTK] 2022-04-06 12:51:42 +0900: --> stateCallback
[OXRTK] 2022-04-06 12:51:42 +0900: aSeeVR_start 0
[OXRTK] 2022-04-06 12:51:42 +0900: <-- stateCallback
[OXRTK] 2022-04-06 12:51:42 +0900: --> eyeDataCallback
[OXRTK] 2022-04-06 12:51:42 +0900: aSeeVR data: 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000
[OXRTK] 2022-04-06 12:51:42 +0900: <-- eyeDataCallback

Do you have any hint what could be a common cause for service being running, getting callbacks, but all data is 0?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Noticed you just pushed a new release today v3.0
Release AseeVR version 3.0 · guppyexpress/Pimax-Eye-Tracking-Fix (github.com)

, is it actually a new version? If so:

• What’s new

• How do I update over the older one?

• Do i need to reflash the firmware?

3 Likes

Hello Drowhunter!
so what’s included in this update is i converted everything to an install exe to help avoid complications and simplify the process, some minor bug fixes. And some precursor code to open source some of it (not fully open source yet, but there is some of the precursor code)

If you already have it installed, just run the install exe to update it :slight_smile:

I will be adding another release of just the exe and instructions to ppl who already have it installed shortly.

No you do not need to reflash the firmware.

This update isnt a vital or mandatory as it does not change much of the functionality. But some of the coming later updates are. And I will make a new OpenMR post when that is released

6 Likes