[Extension confirmed to at least Jan 31st] Extend the Pimax upgrade program

Hi @UnholyBeardedOne haven’t seen you here for a long time. If my memory serves me well I think you were one of the first backers to receive the KS headset.
Yeah, for exactly the same reason (main reason) my 5k+ has been in a box since last June.
I don’t know if it’s the headset that is broken or the user, but yeah, eyestrain is immediate with my 5k+ :confused:

5 Likes

Hi @TrevorVR. Sorry to hear you also have the same issue. Yeah its been a while since I last posted.
I was one of the first one’s to receive the Kickstarter 8k headsets and it hasn’t been any joy.
I don’t think it’s me, I believe there is something fundamentally wrong with my headset.

When I put mine on my eyestrain is also immediate within minutes.

4 Likes

The wording is very poor indeed. Since you were in the first batch of headset receivers it is quite possible that an inconsistency in manufacturing could be the cause of your strain issues as this was as I recall identified with things like ipd being off and screen alignment just to name a few.

Now it is also possible as with any VR headset that some people maybe incompatible with design. Ie Canted lens &/or canted displays.

The Comfort kit may help and may not. I know @TrevorVR has ordered the comfort kit to see if it works with his headset.

But it could still be a QA issues. Best way in my mind to verify is to have a fellow user whom is not experiencing the problem to meetup and try their headset.

1 Like

Indeed I’m going to give it another try with the comfy kit

3 Likes

With @SweViver maybe doing some touring might be an idea to see if you can attend to see if it could be also your headset.

1 Like

Exactly my VR brother I feel your pain, I didnt have any decent controllers (Vive crap) and with the eye strain I suffered I sold my 5K+ and 8K and just reverted back to good ol Odyssey+ until I decide on the 8KX. I started a thread regarding any possible eye strain on the 8KX, Not much Pimax responses there other than some deflection, anyhow heres the link, Enjoy!

https://community.openmr.ai/t/remember-the-eye-strain-issues-with-the-8k-and-5k-lets-discuss-whether-the-8k-or-8kx-will-be-plagued-with-these-issues/25413

Did we ever get an update on what the new date would be for the end of the upgrade program? @SweViver

I also did a support email for my eye strain issues. They sent me a thicker face foam and it did not solve the problem. I also tried a 3D face mask print with Velcro and it helped a little but my eye strain was still bad to the point I really could not use it anymore. I picked up the index and have no issues (none on my vive, quest or rift too)

Pretty disappointed that the 5k+ is useless to me and pimax does not seem care. Not much I can do thought. 8kx sounds great but don’t think pimax can be trusted to stand behind their products

3 Likes