Etee Vr Controllers - better choice for artisan users?

Just saw these and i wonder if they might have been a better alternative to the Nolo that they are planning to ship with the Artisan. Thoughts?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tg0/etee-complete-control-in-3d

3 Likes

Real question. Will these be out before Sword sense? If they can have a chest or headset tracker we might be able to have a complete setup.

If there estimates on delivery match walkovr and Katloco. Awesome.

@PimaxQuorra any news on Sword sense? If your having trouble making them maybe seek a partnership with these guys.

5 Likes

wow, great find, those look awesome.
Like the simplicity a lot, therefore they won‘t work for every usecase though.
Seemed a tad laggy, but so are my eyes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ll take your entire stock, minus the fact that these don’t seem to have two buttons extra radio buttons, they seem like an amazing alternative, and look like they would last longer/take sweat better than the index

2 Likes

Oh wait, it doesn’t have positional tracking in itself, that requires 100 more for the pucks to attach, basically making it topheavy

2 Likes

ouch, that and the lack of buttons would hurt more than just having a trackpad. (Well not quite as much)

2 Likes

Hello Drowhunter,

We did spoke with TG0 team on the partnership, but we are still working out on the SDU matter.
Hope they will be available on our webstore one day.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

6 Likes

nice good to see Pimax commited to the modular concept. It will give people more options and keep your products unique.

I already have them at the MRTV HQ.

5 Likes

That’s awesome Seb! What are your thoughts on them?:pi_thumbsup:

1 Like

I have not unboxed them yet…haha. :slight_smile: But I will do so soon. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The kickstater already launched.
https://etee-steamvr.kckb.st/036158af

I see the unbox and waiting for review.

Want to know how to use guesture when no button.

Thank you.

1 Like

the problem with those controllers is that they are 3dof. which is a no sale im afraid

Easy fix back this tier for 6dof steamvr package

Very tempted; very…

Cool to see alternatives but without buttons for timing critical inputs such as triggers i dont see them being great for quick paced gameplay.

They might be great for social or more casual vr stuff.

1 Like

eek not at that price. Id basically be going back to “vive wands plus finger tracking”

i wish they had a version of the etee with a thumbstick on top

2 Likes

update: MRTV has a review

2 Likes

Hi Heliosurge,

can’t speak to when the Sword Sense comes out. We are aiming to ship etee by December to have the controllers in peoples hands by Christmas.

The company TG0 specializes is building touch, gesture and pressure sensing devices based on our patented plastics. etee is using our technology and we can build input other controllers and human machine interfaces for our partners with this tech.

@ziddan more social is what we were trying to do. regarding trigger sensitivity - be careful what you wish for. :slight_smile:

our technology is analog and you can really really turn up the sensitivity - you can have them as responsive as you want them.

2 Likes

Hi Noro, the lag you see is due to the UI, it’s python/Unity and python adds a lot to the processing overhead.
Sensing itself is 2ms and then the BLE stack. So there’s no issues with lag with the technology iteself.

@PimaxQuorra we’d love to work with you too. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@BarShiftGames

I’ll take your entire stock, minus the fact that these don’t seem to have two buttons extra radio buttons, they seem like an amazing alternative, and look like they would last longer/take sweat better than the index

that’s what we were aiming for. :slight_smile: big part of our tech is better dust, sweat resistance.

Oh wait, it doesn’t have positional tracking in itself, that requires 100 more for the pucks to attach, basically making it topheavy

we are developing our own 6DOF steamVR tracker.

@drowhunter
our thumbpad emulates a stick fully, so the functionality is still there.

3 Likes