Does Boneworks work with Pimax Anyone?

I don’t own a Pimax yet (have an 8kx on order) but wondering whether this this works?

1 Like

Ye its the only Vr Headset I would recommend to play this game . The fov ist epic. I am playing with the pimax xr oled and its beautiful !

4 Likes

That’s great news - thanks.

Edit: what controllers are you using - some comments on the steam forum indicate that the wands are really bad with this game!

2 Likes

Wands are bad with any game :blush:

4 Likes

I am using valve index controller ofcours :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, I’m using 5k+ and Index controllers, as discussed here: https://community.openmr.ai/t/boneworks-trailer-release-date-and-pitool-settings/23530/18

Only thing I have found is that FFR doesn’t work, totally pixellates the right eye. Overall performance seems good so far

2 Likes

My 5 cents is that vive wands with melee objects is less than ideal… Pretty janky. But with guns it is pretty good.

Locomotion is click to move which is a bit of a problem for those of us with more ‘well loved’ vive wands

You need to turn PP on. The Index has PP turnt on by default

I play it with Index Controllers, it’s fantastic.

Why? I could have sworn I played Yesterday without it and it was fine?

4 Likes

I was using normal FOV on 90Hz. At the periphery, I had black squares (textures culled) and objects popping (object culling). So I had to enable Parallel Projection.

Otherwise, anything above roughly 130° horizontal starts giving these graphical issues at the periphery.

@DrWilken Can you share your PiTool, and SteamVR settings please? Then I can take a look. Maybe there’s something I set up wrong.

1 Like

Running Pitool 180 here no PP and SVR auto here. No graphical issues at the periphery. Game looks great. Also tried PP on and no diff.

2 Likes

I used same setting like yours but PP disabled.
Black squares and object poppings appeared so far, far periphery that I could not notice while playing.

1 Like

Works great on my 5k no pp with index controllers … Problem is the game is kinda boring. Would appear that most people are enjoying it though… I think I over hyped it.

1 Like

I too was getting objects popping in at the very edges of my screen with PP off. I wonder how it was working for the others with it off? Mind sharing your exact PiTool settings that are activated/disabled?

1 Like

I had it working for about 2 hours last night. Stopped for a bit, and now my vive wands flicker uncontrollably the entire time. Cannot get it to stop, completely broke the game. It’s not a controller or steamvr issue… someone else on reddit had the problem and now i can’t get it to go away.

I noticed the object culling at the edges (like the last few degrees) but didn’t think PP fixed that?

Might not have been as excessive as Yours as I’m running 120Hz large (which is only 132° FoV).

Latest beta PiTool and firmware.

PiTool quality at 1, SteamVR SS at 100%.

thanks for your feedback, i will check it ,enjoy your boneworks.

3 Likes

No problem thank you @Alex.liu!

I noticed some black squares on the periphery at points, but not all the time or intrusively. Away til next week, will have to check later if switching PP on solves it.

Some settings:

Right eye pixellation - FFR off solved it.
PiTool 2, Large FOV, Motion Smoothing On, PP Off
In game settings that I remember:
Shadows - Max
AA - 8X
Auto resolution - off
Steady 45FPS so far

More details here: https://community.openmr.ai/t/boneworks-trailer-release-date-and-pitool-settings/23530/18?u=octofox

Also watch that last video link on there, turns out Boneworks WAS an official Half Life game. Makes sense, far too similar to not be the case…

1 Like

I had one problem where hitting the menu button, going into SteamVR, and then back into the game killed the PC / game performance. Had to quit the game and reload. Wasn’t reproducible every time though.

No issues with Index controllers so far after 2-3 hours of play.