Deluxe Modular Audio Headstrap (DMAS)

Ah, I understand. Thanks for specifying.

1 Like

No. I bought the ones with ear pieces. The standard i can barley hear anyone out of. Its terrible

Hereā€™s my STL if anyone wants to try it.

Deleted

2 Likes

Has this been confirmed ? I was under the impression that it would just be a different solution in that it i) has two instead of one jacks, and ii) is on ear instead of slightly over ear.

No third party person has tested the DMAS as far as I know, but based on the sound charts provided during the Pimax reveal event the DMAS is higher quality. Will have to wait for actual release to see how it really compares.

2 Likes

Sorry but your file has been deleted from the site :S

hereā€™s another

Deleted

2 Likes

@PimaxQuorra, @PimaxUSA - Ordered my 8KX October w/ DMAS. Itā€™s nearly January, no DMAS. This is a joke right? When should we expect them? Support just told me ā€œmaybeā€ next month.

1 Like

Did you read the Dec 25th update? We can only release after we are satisfied with the device.

The DMAS is our flagship audio solution and specifically designed to be the best quality audio we will offer.

Do you mean to say that it will be significantly better than the KDMAS ? If so, that would be good because while the KDMAS is okay, and certainly fixes the lack of proper audio which the SMAS represents, it did not impress me on the positive side either, and to my ears e.g. the original CV1 audio was clearly better. So if the DMAS, which I indeed dished out 100$ for, improves the audio to that level or even beyond, I would be satisfied.

Btw, if I were Pimax I would also have another look at the design or material of the knob on the KD/D/SMAS, it is not great as it randomly wonā€™t allow for proper turning and feels as if it may fall apart any day.

I understand your desire for quality control and that is encouraging, but you are several months late on delivering a product that was bought and paid for already and delivered a product that has absolutely horrific audio by contrast. Like, it is worse than $5 headphones from the local gas station. I love my headset, but this is a horrific way to run a business and you should be ashamed. For example, I have to deal with running a separate headphone set because the audio is so poor. It is clumsy, and difficult and the only way for me to fix that is to buy a new one. But now Iā€™m spending even more money to fix a problem that you all created by selling me a product that wasnā€™t available and wasnā€™t advertised as not available.

What you should consider is how you can, in a non-monetary way, make your clients who you are dragging through your development process (that they didnā€™t sign up for!) feel as though they arenā€™t just getting the sh*t end of the stick and are waiting based on hopes and dreams that you continue to give them.

Btw - this is the exact type of business to consumer interaction that, when people ask me if they should get a Pimax, I have to tell them no, unless you are willing to deal with a very poorly logistically run company to do so. What is sad is that you easily have the best looking headset on the market and i still canā€™t recommend it.

4 Likes

I use very old light yellow earplugs that I got in the '60s with a portable radio. The sound is good but I do not like the feel. I thought that I could buy the DMAS a few weeks after I order my 8K+ around October. I hope that when they put it back for sale That it will be a finished item and in good working order.

Well I donā€™t know about you guys, but I knew the DMAS was in development and not complete when I bought my 8KX and ordered it. I am neither surprised nor particularly disappointed that the development cycle is taking longer than Iā€™d hoped. Iā€™d far rather they get it right then send me some half baked product that Iā€™d just want to replace anyway.
Iā€™d probably feel differently about it if they said that the DMAS would ship with the headset and neglected to tell me that it was not ready yet and still in development. But I knew that when I bought it, so I donā€™t think I have much room to kick here. Maybe it was different when you guys bought yours.
I look forward to getting it especially if itā€™s as good as @PimaxUSA says it will be. If it is Iā€™d even wait until they send it to some reviewers to get some good press for a change.
Cheers
Finn

1 Like

Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t pay $100 extra for the DMAS. Iā€™m pretty satisfied with the sound and comfort of my Vive Deluxe Audio strap. I donā€™t think Pimax engineers are skilled in the audio department. They probably had to hire some new audio talent. Thatā€™s why its been taking them so long.

@PimaxUSA @PimaxVR @PimaxQuorra
Hi,
Ok, so itā€™s been some time since the last update that I have seen which was the:

Weekly Update 3rd December 2020

It was stated there that Production was to proceed in a couple of weeks.

Are there any updates that you can share with us here. I was attempting to use My 8KX last night for the first time in a couple of months to start taking advantage of it for a change instead of letting it sit collecting dust due to the trouble that I have had with getting correct focus even with prescription lenses.

The problem again was even when I was willing to compromise and continue forward with some sim racing, but the sound of the SMAS is so anemic and lacking in any kind of bass response, it was just so unenjoyable that I gave up again.

I have my Vive DAS attached to my Pimax 5k Plus, but I really donā€™t desire or energy to do any more mods, I just want a decent solution without jumping through hoops.

Any updates will be appreciated.

There was an update since the December 3rd update you are referencing:

https://community.openmr.ai/t/weekly-update-8th-january-2021/34301

Hi @PimaxUSA ,
Thanks for the update, I really need to get this solution in hand, it is very difficult to enjoy the HMD without a good sound solution.

I look forward to receiving the DMAS.

1 Like

Hi,
can you tell me when the ā€œ8kx Deluxe Headphone Versionā€ is available for order? I want to order an 8KX but with DMAS. Thx

We are preparing some info on this in the upcoming weekly update but we are indeed preparing to ship the first DMAS to customers who already ordered them. There are quite a number of existing orders so bundles where they are pre-installed will take some time.

They are amazing so worth the wait imho.

2 Likes