Deluxe Modular Audio Headstrap (DMAS)

Hi @PimaxUSA ,
Thanks for the update, I really need to get this solution in hand, it is very difficult to enjoy the HMD without a good sound solution.

I look forward to receiving the DMAS.

1 Like

Hi,
can you tell me when the “8kx Deluxe Headphone Version” is available for order? I want to order an 8KX but with DMAS. Thx

We are preparing some info on this in the upcoming weekly update but we are indeed preparing to ship the first DMAS to customers who already ordered them. There are quite a number of existing orders so bundles where they are pre-installed will take some time.

They are amazing so worth the wait imho.

2 Likes

Given these are about to get shipped, can we… see them? Or do we have to wait for somebody to actually receive it and then hope someone with decent video editing skills, audiophile-grade knowledge & an unbiased ear can review them?

1 Like

I’ve just confirmed my details to pimax support about the dmas. Support was really fast and got things sorted in no time, thumbs up for the improvements!

1 Like

Regarding DMAS @PimaxQuorra @PimaxUSA

So im a bit confused bu the new weekly update…

Am I supposed to send a support ticket stating, my order number for purchasing the DMAS along with my 8KX order.

Or am I supposed to do nothing as my order is not a DMAS Upgrade order :thinking:

I feel that if i do the latter, I will be sent to the back of the queue…

1 Like

Anyone who has a DMAS coming should create a ticket.

4 Likes

Thanks for answering Kevin, although it seems like this is just created due to bad logistics :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

@oysta1109 ,
I’m happy your experience was good, I got the following and I am hoping that this is not going to hold up my shipment as it has been a very long wait already.

@PimaxUSA , Please tell me this is not going to hold up my order, I stated in the ticket that the numbers are the same. I’m trying to stay positive but it’s not easy as it has been a while coming.

Ticket: #12641

I replaced the actual numbers with letter x for illustration below, but you get the picture:

Thanks for contacting us.

Your phone number in our system is : 5xx297xx72
But number you sent is: 1-5xx-297-xx72

Which one is correct?

Waiting for your reply.

With all of the name and upgrade changes I can’t tell if the “Deluxe Audio Headstrap” that I ordered qualifies me for the “Deluxe Modular Audio Headstrap”.
My order states “Backer Upgrade Plan C(Vision 8K X (Deluxe Audio Headstrap)” does that mean that I’m getting the “Deluxe Modular Audio Headstrap” and that I should file a ticket or not?
I’m pretty sure that I paid extra for it but, at this point, I doubt that means anything. Do I need to post my order number or pm it to you?

There are currently three audio options:

1. SMAS - Standard Modular Audio strap.(Shipped with Pimax Vision series headsets like 5K Super/8K+/8K-X).

2. KDMAS - exclusive to Kickstarter backers.(Shipped as part of the ‘Backer Box’).

3. DMAS aka DAS Deluxe Audio Strap.(Shipping imminently to those who paid for the upgrade once customers send a support ticket request. Details are in a Pimax email: Kickstarter project update #102).

1 Like

Unfortunately, that doesn’t answer my question. I ordered the “Deluxe Audio Headstrap”. Should I be sending a support ticket or am I stuck with this one?
I’ve got the one that has the speakers in the air above my ears.

Just curious, what are the plans for people who have purchased, either through you or a retailer, an existing headset without the DMAS option. Are you planning on selling the DMAS separately at some point or do I need to open a ticket? I bought an 8kx that I really enjoy but the sound on it is simply sad…definitely not what you expect on a $1300 headset. I don’t mind paying for the DMAS, obviously, but I would like to know what my options are in this case. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi jimok72!

Yes, we do plan to offer the DMAS upgrade via our site as soon as possible after we complete delivery of all of the existing pre-orders.

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you! I cannot wait to get my hands on one :slight_smile:

Will there ever be replaceable headphones sold? Unscrew the old and screw in the new?

That is exactly what the DMAS upgrade is.

1 Like

Cool!

Send some to Microcenter!

Support just told me the DMAS is still in testing and won’t ship until April :-/

3 Likes

@PimaxQuorra my post was hidden - I just said something that pimax support told me, could I have an explanation as to why it was censored?

2 Likes