Delay with the 8K - Are you going to switch to 5K+ - What if pimax offered options?

Hi guys,

so im writting this to see what you (8K backers) are planning to do?

Apparently all the 8K will be produced and will leave SH warehouse on the 29th (in a week). But we’ve been offered to switch to the 5K+ because they have enough stock in oversea warehouse to “accomodate” us 8K backers.

What are you planing to do?

For me, i decided yesterday to switch to 5k+. But today, i decided to undo my decision (story of my life here as a backer).

No matter what, what i want is to have the 8K (not the 5K+) but i am scared about the delay and the Pimax “delays”.

I’ve been told:

• On the jan 29th : All 8K headset will be produced and on the way to the destination warehouse (1 week from now)
  • Shipping to oversea warehouses takes up to 2 weeks.
  • Shipping to clients (what is it 1 weeks? lets say 1.5 weeks).

So in other word, if you stick with the 8K, you will have to wait another 4 to 4.5 weeks.
(lets be honest, it could be more)

I feel bad about contacting Pimax so often requesting information and many product change (i really do). But at the same time, its not my fault they keep on telling me wrong information… (I’ve been told a month ago, my product was produced, and on its way to me, then its on its way to SH, then its not even produced).

@Matthew.Xu @anon74848233
Please read this, this is what i would propose to do for us 8K backers:

Option 1 (my preference) - Just like for the 8KX, send us a 5k+ loaner unit. Then we will send it back once the 8K arrives.
(would this be that bad considering you have available units?)

Option 2 - Offer the backer a priority shipment. Send the unit either from SH directly to the customer or fast shipping to warehouse and then the customer.
I would even pay for this option. (im able to get 2-3days shipping from china! Why wouldn’t this be an option? Ill pay!!)

Option 3 - Switch to the 5K+ (as already proposed)

Option 4 - Ignore this message, and pretend we don’t exist.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t mind paying for faster shipping. As long as I wouldn’t have to pay any custom fees.

1 Like

Also, are you sure that they are shipping on the 29th? I’m asking because Pimax emailed people saying that they would start shipping pre-orders on the 25th.

Matthew exact words:

It is expected that all of them will be sent from Shanghai to overseas warehouses on the 29th, and the time to arrive at overseas warehouses will be about 2 weeks.

I agree with Option 1. @Matthew.Xu Please send us a 5K+ if you have many available in warehouse, and when we get the 8K we will return the 5K+. Thank you very much !

1 Like

I asked the second option with support, shipping directly as a compensation for the delay for the 8k backers. I got an fantastic vage answer, really satisfying :grin:
We will ship ASAP. Please be adviced!

1 Like

I other words, screw you. Please be adviced.

1 Like

haha that’s one interpetation

I talked to matthew and to support twice. Eventhough we have been offered to switch we actually can’t. At least I can’t. I got no explanation why but I got two mails from support saying no.

What did support say? When was that?

Hi friend,

Sorry for your inconvenience, we cannot provide the service to change the headset model for you since you have made the choice before.
Please be advised.

This is from today in the morning.

2 Likes

That’s the standard answer now. They’re all focusing on QA and shipping to finish the kickstarter deliveries (not counting those who haven’t completed the survey/confirmation). All 8Ks seem to be produced now (I’m 7XXX and mine is produced, so I assume the few remaining after me are too).

Busy days. The ball is rolling… My guess on how much room there is for changes at this point: 0
Even if they want to make everyone happy, it’s too late.

A loaner that arrives about a week or two before the 8K? Wtf for?

1 Like

Of course I will not ignore this post, nor will I pretend not to see it.

I have communicated with support. According to what I said before, whether you want to change to 5K+, 8K or 5K BE. We all support you to change, but please do not change it so frequently.

For example, today is 8K, want to change to 5K+ tomorrow, and then wait two days, we are ready to arrange delivery, need to switch back to 8K.

I don’t know what we should do to make you satisfied. I want to hear your opinion very much.

Thank you.

13 Likes

I requested change to 5k+ yesterday.

Got reply today: "Hi friend,

We will ship the 5K+ headset to you asap and send you the tracking number via e-mail by then. Please be advised.
Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Pimax Support

"

2 Likes

Nice. So they simply hate me. I rather have the 8K anyways so it is not a biggie. I simply fear that the 29th is another load of lies. If they send my 8K by the 29th - all is good.

1 Like

Same for me, if my 8k is shipped on the 29th I’m fine. But I don’t want more delays.

1 Like

I understand how annoying someone like me must about changing headset types. Although its a bit the same on Pimax side where one day my product is shipped, 3 weeks later its on its way and then 1 week after its about to be produced.

All i want at this point is to have my headset as soon as possible (i know i sound like a spoiled child, but… i am :wink: )

To satisfy me, I would either have option 1 or 2. (that is a loaner unit or a Fast shipping option where i would pay for the shipping).

Waiting a few more weeks for me is not that problematic, im just scared that they will be other ‘unexpected’ issues which will delay things more and more.

2 Likes

Two points about what you said:

Option 1 (my preference) - Just like for the 8KX, send us a 5k+ loaner unit. Then we will send it back once the 8K arrives.
(would this be that bad considering you have available units?)

Matthew: It’s not my decision. I have no right to reply to you. I personally feel it will be difficult, and I’m worried.

Option 2 - Offer the backer a priority shipment. Send the unit either from SH directly to the customer or fast shipping to warehouse and then the customer.
I would even pay for this option. (im able to get 2-3days shipping from china! Why wouldn’t this be an option? Ill pay!!)

Matthew: Direct shipment from Shanghai, there will be many problems, for example, shipping costs may be very high, there may be additional costs, whether our human resources can support us to do so.

Thank you

2 Likes

I have other things in my life than an HMD, so I am not bothered. I’ll wait for the 8k and when it comes it comes. :wink:

Funnily enough, checking in on this forum has become part of my daily routine and I think I am going to miss it when all headsets are finally delivered. It’s similar to that feeling you get when you finish an enthralling epic novel. :joy:

12 Likes