Delay with the 8K - Are you going to switch to 5K+ - What if pimax offered options?

Matthew, i understand what you are saying and would like to thank you for all the help and replies you have provided me (even if i changed my mind many times).

I will just hope that no more delays will occur and can’t wait to try my 8K when it arrives in a month or so. High hopes

4 Likes

Me too! Its crazy. I have not been playing VR for more than 3-4months now, but now that I though that my HMD was shipped on dec 25, i was checking this forum many times per day and looking at every delivery truck coming by my street (like a little kid!).

1 Like

@Matthew.Xu can you tell us how many 8k were produced up to now, and if everything should be sent on the 29th?

4 Likes

I haven’t got production data yet, I will let Dallas confirm and reply to you.

@anon74848233 Please confirm the production information about 8K, thank you.

5 Likes

Will there be a spreadsheet update in the next few days ( since this month ends in a week) telling us the latest headsets that have been shipped?

There are many 5K+ backers who are wondering if their headset has left the SH warehouse for delivery. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this request.

@anon74848233 @Matthew.Xu

1 Like

Yes can’t you guys decide already??
One review says 8k is better, you switch.
Next day other says he prefers5k, you switch.

Do you have any idea this small team have to re-do all the work everytime? Goddammit :dizzy_face::angry::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Make uo your mind people!

5 Likes

I did switch at one point because of the review of Voodoo and mixedreality. But then came back to 8K based on the new improvement made in PiTool and the promises from Pimax that the 8K will get a lot better and will become their flagship product.

Can you blame me?

After recently i wanted to switch because of the delays and the fact that one day ive been told that my product was shipped and the next day it was not produced. Can you blame me from having doubts?

I don’t know. My rant was not addressed to you personally.
I switched to 5k in the beginning and regardless of my doubts, I’ve decided not to bother the Pimax team again.

Maybe it’s the Finnish mentality of not bothering others.

6 Likes

I didn’t give my decision until I made my mind up, sticking with the 8K. 6 weeks isn’t going to kill me, the Rift I have is fine in the meantime.

Pimax have done a hell of a job to get to this point, on everything except communication. Anybody who thinks what they’ve done is easy is deluded.

I for one would like to say thanks right now to Pimax, it looks like the headsets are way ahead of the Gen1 game, so job well done. They have built up production and delivered what they promised (albeit 12 months later than planned) with a new and fairly small team from a zero start point in 2 years roughly, I say well done to them.

7 Likes

That’s smart, 6 weeks of waiting is better than having to live with ones 2nd choice :+1:

2 Likes

Wow can you imagine the hassle and shipping cost to send/return people two units!! What do they do with the returns as they can’t sell them as new. I am really looking forward to my headset too but come on it’s a few weeks and a VR headset!!

4 Likes

I’m still pretty torn between the 8k and 5k+, but I can basically see the benefits of both and I’m not really fussed about the differences. What I am interested in is getting the headset in my hands ASAP.

Gimme the 5k+! :sob:

3 Likes

Yup! I’m like a little kid too, And today I got a notification of a package from the UK. Turned out it was that fekking t-shirt I had ordered and forgotten about :joy:

Edit: I would’ve attached a picture of me in the t-shirt. But I opted for a glass of rum rather than go down to the post office

3 Likes

Haha same thing happened. Turned out to be my wife ordering some shoes !!! :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

Me too. I’m just getting sick of waiting.

2 Likes

I am not agree with loaner option.

Because a lot of backer who get 5k+ now are 8k backer too.

If 8k backer who still not make decision will get more offer, don’t you think backer who make the decision first will not request the same thing?

Too much loan of headset will become refurbished product while I see that pimax has much cost about replacement right now, they still have to paid the returning cost and duty for each headset too.

@Matthew.Xu My friend asking about buying the old headset by refurbished cost too, this will save you about returning cost, but I understand that you have to careful of cheating case (no real issue and want to buy the old one by fake issue for cheaper price). or may have to claim with factory because some policy of claimed product with factory.

1 Like

Just got a confirmation form pimax support that they will exchange my 8k for 5k+ And send it ti me asap. Lets see.

2 Likes