December 31, pimax 8k, 5k+ , 5k be official release in Korea

No on December 25th. they claimed to have produced 3449 headsets to date. Out of those 3449 they said they have send 1375 to backers and the rest (1879 units) they say is sitting in their office and waiting for Quality Control…

After the news from Park I bet there aren’t sitting any headsets around waiting for QC but they are being shipped to warehouses to be sold on the Asian market.

If what Park is saying is true

it is not speculation but a simple fact.

1 Like

i’m still not worried.
We don’t know the full story and i don’t like speculations.

2 Likes

Also this is purely speculation.

1 Like

The staff at pimax said it was already publicly released through pimax news, but I have not found it yet.

4 Likes

There is a difference between introducing a new product to the market and actual delivery date. Sometimes there are month in between.

4 Likes

Hehehe oh man this company’s communication and their way of thinking things through is really ‘something else’. I think it’s like @mixedrealityTV said, they just don’t think anything through at all and just ‘do’ things.

4 Likes

They are not introducing they release as it states in the posting by park the introduction on the Asian market already happened a while ago.

Sigh, Pimax was doing so well…

For real though, I really wish this company would think straight for a bit.

They have the hardware. Just need better PR/Planning/Software and not doing weird shit.

All-IPI will hold a one-week promotion from Dec. 31 to commemorate the release of Pimax 8K. It is planning to combine Pimax 8K, Pimax 5K+ and 5K OLED with a vive controller and present gift certificates for contents purchases to all customers with prices that are more than 23% off. 8K 고해상도 VR 헤드셋, 파이맥스 8K 국내 출시 : 네이버 포스트

2 Likes

Agreed until we hear of someone buys today & receives tomorrow. It’s premature to jump to conclusions. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

5 Likes

Then Gearbest has simply been out of stock since Jan 2017 & have had them on back order.

2 Likes

Speculation until confirmed sale & delivery. -fact.

4 Likes

There are way too much speculation because if such a meaningless press releases. Let Pimax do their homework.

1 Like

Helio so far i liked you but stop with this BS. Unlike GearBest this is done in accordance with Pimax and if someone at Pimax thinks this are speculations they better get their act together and tell us the truth and stop bs us all the time.
Not my fault when they always create this chaos.

1 Like

It’s not BS. Until one is bought & received. It is only a release. If it takes a week or 2 to process the order then what?

We also know Park was a tester not in the beta group etc.

Stop sounding an alarm until there is real reason to do so.

2 Likes

Well if the “Korea official release” is just a pre-order, then what’s the use of it anyway? Would make 0 sense, as pimax has been doing 1 big international pre-order already. Also supposedly Pimax confirmed all this to Park, as he just stated. Also the press release states that it will be available as of the 31th.

2 Likes

But until a headset is bought & received it’s premature to cry fowl. We also know for the most part tge VR community seems to be seperate from standard kickstarter backers.

Available doesn’t mean you will receive it in the 31. Even Amazon prime requires 2 days.

1 Like

Nah, then the press release is a lie and then they must have lied to Park too (or he must be lying) plus the preorder just for Korea which would make absolutely no sense since the international pre-order has been open for everybody. To me it sounds like pimax f*ckup number 1029.

2 Likes

How is it a lie? Available to order. If it was available at Walmart or Bestbuy on the 31st for pickup then that would be something.

1 Like

"Virtual reality (VR) headsets with 8K resolution are available in Korea. VR Headquartered in Seoul, Korea announced on December 28 that it will officially release ‘PIMAX 8K’, the highest resolution VR headset (HMD) in Korea, on Dec. 31. "

If they’re just ‘available for preorder’ then they’re not available.

3 Likes