December 31, pimax 8k, 5k+ , 5k be official release in Korea

7 Likes
2 Likes

They make an event or will sell there?

1 Like

I like how the company gets a style resembling the 8KX: PimaX 8K.

Or the PimaMax !

1 Like

It is a formal sale, not a pre-order.

3 Likes

They already have stock in korea?

1 Like

Maybe, pimax says it’s no problem because it’s a separate production line from kickstarter.

3 Likes

Lol what? :no_mouth:

6 Likes

Maybe faster to get headset than buying from online store. Have to check the shipping cost and duty again. Interesting.

But in my opinion, although this is different production line, they not do as promise that they will not sell retail until all backer get the headset.

3 Likes

What??? They have stock in Korea and now sell that to clients while not even having fulfilled 1000 backers???

8 Likes

Ahahahaha. This gets better and better.

3 Likes

This gotta be some sick joke dawg. First they take $80 for the slowest shipping in the world (EIGHTY.) now this??? MY BLOOD IS BOILING ARGGHHHHHHHH

3 Likes

So they basically shipped our headsets over to Korea and are now selling them there while we backers wonder why things aren’t moving forward… sorry but FU.

2 Likes

No panic. It is normal that Pimax gets in contact with resellers and some shops will list their products. But it does not mean that they can deliver it. Currently, in the EU many shops list custom 2080 Ti graphic cards without any deliver date.

3 Likes

Technically as long as the headsets are sent, “we are getting them”…i know right :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Here is why we see now the 1450-6400 backer range in December update…

1 Like

If they release as it states in the picture they need to have headsets in stock to sell else it is a pre order or a simple announcement. Also as Park said it seems they told him they are running a seperate production line… hahaha.

1450 is what they claim to have send so far.
~6400 is not a range but i guess the headsets they need to produce to fulfill all Kickstarter pledges.

3 Likes

In Dallas answer it sounded like headset units up to that backer number, not all of course because some backers did not answer survey and others prefer to wait for full kit.

2 Likes

I mean is anyone here really suprised? The last drama around the VR Park in China was never clarified or denied by Pimax. We had speculations about ongoing B2B orders for a couple of weeks now and we never saw pictures of the ~2000 HMDs in their magical “warehouse”. Has anyone even questioned why we always see pictures from “ready to ship packages” lying around in their office rooms instead of the factory? I still believe, that a huge amount of HMDs is going to business partners, investors and chinese retailers. It would explain why their QA and shipping looks bottlenecked to us, but in truth they are fulfilling other orders. Pimax is known for stretching the truth here and there…

5 Likes

Where did they say that exactly?

No, this is purely speculation. Again, just look at the graphic card market. Currently, many smaller companies cannot deliver any 2080 Ti cards. Anyway EU or US shops are listing their products, without any delivery date.

2 Likes