Customer support back to China, news of fake?

The article brings a false claim to the public, and its based on loose words without any official statement. The result of this article could potentially hurt Pimax business and jeopardize our partnerships, which must be taken seriously. I have written a letter to UploadVR and asked them to remove or edit the article, otherwise legal actions might be taken.

FYI I have now also officially made a statement that we hereafter do not want UploadVR to be - in any way - associated with our brand and our products. They have clearly made a point and proved they are not a trustworthly or serious media to work with. There will be no more press releases, interviews, invites or samples given to the UploadVR representatives.

7 Likes

You’re right. I’m usually mistrustful towards journalism and news, and this time I was more suspicious about the support move than about the “censorship” insinuation (IMO you could, that’s your right ^^)

To be honest I didn’t read CES articles from UploadVR, that said I fully understand that you don’t want to work with this media anymore :wink:

I need a bag of Popcorn and a beer brb.

1 Like

Just did a Wikipedia lookup on UploadVR: UploadVR - Wikipedia
Apparently the previous company is already closed. And the article claims that they were exclusively financed by Palmer Luckey in the last years. No idea how truthful the Wikipedia article is, would always read those with a grain of salt. And also no idea whether the people currently running the uploadvr website are still in any way shape or form afiliated with the previous company.

But whatever. Just moving on sounds like a viable approach from a community perspective.

4 Likes

Hey Martin will the US Pimax office still be a service center as far as making returns and repairs easier for us in the USA? Thanks!

2 Likes

Sweviver did you not see the interview?? I posted mrtv’s video on the forums weeks ago. In the interview Kevin clearly states that support is out of China now and he is not happy with it and does not know why pimax is doing it. You need to have a pimax PR person contact upload and with correct information. (Since they video clearly states what they say in the article) and not do hits on Twitter. Makes pimax look petty.

4 Likes

sweviver got a reaction

https://twitter.com/SweViver/status/1217172033370558464?s=19

1 Like

Grabbing some popcorn…

1 Like

Dude, Kevin literally told MRTV that all support was moving to shanghai and that US was no longer able to offer support, no mention of it being temporary or new service centers opening.

Upload are trash but in this case they reported exactly what Kevin said. If Kevin (COO fir christs sakes) is not authorised to speak on behalf of Pimax then you need to remove his board level job title and stop him doing any interviews.

The correct response to this would have been to private message the authors and ask them to publish an update/correction. If they failed to, THEN you post publicly that the article is incorrect, but threatening lawyers is extremely unprofessional when what they reported was correct based on what Kevin said in the interview.

4 Likes

Hi guys, lets keep the drama in one thread, here

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Good point! I think the subject has been thoroughly discussed: All support is temporarily being handled in China (not fake news), so I’ve closed the thread, but the drama can continue on the thread above. ^^

lol are all Danes so precise

2 Likes